Locating the best 15-degree knife sharpener can be as tricky as finding a nice knife. Some sharpening apparatus only work on particular kinds of knives. Additionally, the consequent sharpness degree is dependent upon not just the grade of the sharpener but also just how long and effort spent on the sharpening procedure.
Even though it can appear to be a fussy step just needed for professional chefs, sharp knives create such a difference in what from dicing veggies to more specialized cuts, such as filleting fish. Not merely are sharp blades simpler to work with, but they also cause fewer injuries, which may occur when you are forced to hack away at things that should just need a simple slice.
Even though a lot of men and women think hand-sharpening is greatest, it requires some skill. The very best 15-degree knife sharpener is simpler to use than traditional sharpening stones. Which sharpener is ideal for you depends not merely on your ability but also on the kinds of knives that you use. In the long run, you may decide that you want more than one sharpener when you’ve got a huge array of knives.
- List Of 22 Best 15-Degree Knife Sharpener Reviews
- 1. Work Sharp Culinary Kitchen Knife Sharpener with Ceramic Honing Rod
- 2. Cubikook Kitchen Knife Sharpener
- 3. Brod & Taylor Professional Knife Sharpener
- 4. Chef’sChoice Trizor XV EdgeSelect Professional Electric Knife Straight
- 5. KitchenIQ 50009 Edge Grip 2-Stage Knife Sharpener
- 6. Edge Pro Apex 4 Knife Sharpening System
- 7. Wusthof Precision Edge 4 Stage Knife Sharpener
- 8. Chef’sChoice ProntoPro Hone Manual Knife Extremely Fast Sharpening Euro
- 9. Presto 08800 EverSharp Electric Knife Sharpener
- 10. Smith’s Abrasives PP1 hunting-knife-sharpeners
- 11. Electric Diamond Knife Sharpener Tool
- 12. Brod & Taylor Classic Knife Sharpener Triple-Action Austrian Tungsten Carbide
- 13. Sharp Pebble Premium Whetstone Sharpening Stone
- 14. Work Sharp Knife & Tool Sharpener
- 15. PriorityChef Knife Sharpener for Straight and Serrated Knives
- 16. Work Sharp E2 Kitchen Sharpener
- 17. Smith’s – TRI6 TRI-6 Arkansas TRI-HONE Sharpening Stones
- 18. AccuSharp Knife & Tool Sharpener for Sharpening Knives
- 19. LOFTER Adjustable Manual Knife Sharpening
- 20. SHARPAL 191H Pocket Kitchen Chef Knife Scissors Sharpener
- 21. Work Sharp Knife & Tool Sharpener Ken Onion Edition
- 22. Secura Electric Knife Sharpener 2-Stage Kitchen Knives Sharpening
- Buying Guide for the Best 15-Degree Knife Sharpener
List Of 22 Best 15-Degree Knife Sharpener Reviews
1. Work Sharp Culinary Kitchen Knife Sharpener with Ceramic Honing Rod
- The Work Sharp Culinary E5 electrical kitchen knife sharpener uses controlled rates and timed sharpening cycles to form, refine and sharpen all of your kitchen knives at the touch of a button. According to traditional belt sharpening techniques, The E5 produces a sharp-as-new border The exact same manner manufacturers sharpen knives in the Factory. Precision sharpening manuals, programmed rates, and high-performance sharpening straps create the E5 knife sharpener simple, tidy, and soft on knives.
- A double grit ceramic honing pole employs angle guides to get constant advantage refinement and contains a Micro forge Port to chilly forge micro-facets across the very edge. A micro reduction border enhances cutting functionality, extends border durability, and enhances knife control. Whenever you’re ready to begin preparing a meal, then just a couple of stokes over the honing along with your knives are prepared to go.
2. Cubikook Kitchen Knife Sharpener
- With three phases of sharpening and a layout that ensures secure sharpening, the Cubikook CS-T01 sharpener provides a fast, effortless, nevertheless durable fix for the knife. This handheld device is easily our favorite for its best 15-degree knife sharpener.
- This compact sharpener includes an entire working segment using three sharpening stages, eliminating the need for different tools to keep your kitchen knives.
- The first two phases are intended for severe sharpening (and therefore must only be used properly on knives with observable chips and burrs). There is a rough slot that boasts two diamond-dust coated sticks, which eliminate large burrs and chips onto your own dull knife. The moderate slot, together with tungsten carbide blades, additional deburrs and smooths it.
- Featuring two ceramic sticks, the nice slot is the most friendly to this delicate border. It straightens and refines the border without removing more stuff. If you have ever honed your knife with steel or at the base of a ceramic bowl, then this slot machine has exactly the same or even enhanced, effect. Your knife may meet it every day, before each cooking session, to receive its advantage refined and prepared for the roughest of meals.
3. Brod & Taylor Professional Knife Sharpener
- A virtually foolproof manual sharpener that resembles modern art, the angle the knife is put into the sharpener decides how competitive the sharpening is (yes, there’s a suitable angle to sharpening your knives).
- You may begin with massaging the knife hone it into a nice finish in precisely the exact same slot. If the knife does not require sharpening, you may use this for honing only.
- This sharpener self-adjusts, and sharpens the knife edge to its first angle, which means you don’t have to be aware of the border angle to sharpen the knife properly, and there is nothing to correct. The tungsten carbide sharpeners can persist for a very long time but maybe substituted when necessary.
4. Chef’sChoice Trizor XV EdgeSelect Professional Electric Knife Straight
- The Chef’s Choice Trizor XV knife sharpener includes three sharpening slots, each having another function. There is a honing slot, a playing slot machine, along with a polishing slot machine. The sharpener uses 100-percent diamond abrasives on the sharpening and honing stages, while the polishing slot employs elastic abrasives that lightly conform to grooves so as to sharpen serrated knives.
- The Chef’s Choice was quite hard to conquer this class thanks to a single variable: It can in fact convert the conventional, 20-degree angle of the own basic, cheap American or European mill knife to the 15-degree angle featured on enviable, handmade Japanese swords.
- While the conventional 20-degrees is very good for chopping and hammering cleaver-like blunt pressure on demanding cuts of beef, boils to a lightweight and razor-sharp 15-degrees reduces immunity when cutting edge, which is perfect for precision tasks such as chopping, peeling, and functioning with fish and vegetables.
- Additionally, it is worth noting the Trizor evenly stitched the blade out from end to end, without leaving arbitrary dull spots. The entire sharpening procedure takes moments, and spring-loaded manuals within the sharpening slots guarantee your blade will not slide around in the procedure. Unsurprisingly, it is one of the most expensive versions we analyzed, but that price is offset somewhat by a 3-year guarantee.
5. KitchenIQ 50009 Edge Grip 2-Stage Knife Sharpener
- If you are less interested in keeping up a perfect edge on your knife blade, then rather need to have an inexpensive, “good-enough” option, the KitchenIQ 2 Stage Knife Sharpener could be for you personally.
- It will not completely revive an old, boring blade, yet this sharpener will maintain up a greater advantage than usual with only a couple of moves through this manual knife sharpener’s sharpening paths every day.
- The KitchenIQ sharpening system comprises two paths: a rough sharpener for placing the border, and a nice sharpener for completing it.
6. Edge Pro Apex 4 Knife Sharpening System
- The Edge Pro Apex 4 is a comprehensive knife sharpening kit, giving you the capacity to fine-tune your own knives. The kit employs a manual system together with distinct sharpening stones that will assist you to draw on the blade at the ideal angle. It will need some know-how and exercise to attain the desired benefits.
- Furthermore, this totally portable kit fits within a carrying case, allowing for simple transport for hunting or camping. The kit can manage blade sizes which range from small knives to machetes, but the system does not function as well with quite thin-bladed knives, like a fillet knife.
- The kit ships with five water rocks, ranging from 120 to 1,000 grit, permitting for rough to fine sharpening. In addition, it includes 2,000 and 3,000 grit polish tapes for honing. The stones fit snugly into the kit’s layout, making sure no slippage because you utilize the kit’s angle manual to draw on the knife blade across the rocks.
- Employing the Edge Pro Apex 4 correctly entails a learning curve, but the time invested pays off with exceptionally sharp blades. The kit ships with a DVD, providing comprehensive directions about the best way best to utilize it. As soon as you’ve mastered this instrument, its outcomes are remarkable.
7. Wusthof Precision Edge 4 Stage Knife Sharpener
- Wusthof, among the main names in knives, has produced a sharpener they hope with their advanced blades. As a result of some convenient switch that affects the angle the 15-degree knife sharpener retains the knife, it may be utilized with either European or Asian design blades, which sets it apart from the competition.
- This apparatus also sharpens in 2 phases. The first stage utilizes carbide blades which are powerful enough to put a sharp edge on the dullest blades. The second phase utilizes ceramic wheels to hone the border until it is sharp. An ergonomic handle also retains your hands securely out of their way as you maintain the sharpener set up.
8. Chef’sChoice ProntoPro Hone Manual Knife Extremely Fast Sharpening Euro
- Chef’s Choice ProntoPro Diamond Hone Knife Sharpener is an ideal guide sharpener for people who possess Asian and European/American design knives and wish to efficiently employ a superior, shaving sharp edge!
- Sleek and highly-styled, it is our quickest manual sharpener however for implementing 15-degree advantages for Asian-style knives and 20-degree advantages for European/American-style knives.
- The key is in the 100% diamond abrasive wheels that sharpen simultaneously “to” and “out-of” the border for a superior burr-free border that cuts effortlessly. A different honing stage polishes the border for optimum functionality.
- The ProntoPro sharpens all excellent knives such as straight border kitchen and household knives, Santoku, sports, and pocket knives, in addition to serrated knives. Engineered and constructed in the U.S.A.
9. Presto 08800 EverSharp Electric Knife Sharpener
- The EverSharp is an electrical sharpener with a cost up to now below the going rate of the majority of opponents which our disbelief kicked in. But we were amazed by its silent motor and proficiency. The machine and its own synthetic ceramic abrasives, which Presto predicts Sapphire, did a nice enough job of bolstering our knife after we’d adjusted to its own peculiarities.
- Chief among those is EverSharp’s auto-stall function, which stops the sharpening wheel in case you are applying too much force. It is a wise attribute but touchy, and we triggered it over once before obtaining the ideal pressure. We also watched sparks a few times as we all sharpened.
- The first consideration faded after consulting with the guide, which disturbs us that this sometimes happens with high-carbon blades. In the end, the EverSharp was not as simple to work with as our high electrical pick, but it is still a fantastic deal if you are prepared to spend slightly longer over the sharpening procedure.
10. Smith’s Abrasives PP1 hunting-knife-sharpeners
- Some people today desire a pocket sharpener that goes nicely with their pocket knives, or for camping. If that is you, then that is exactly what you get. This one is just like the Swiss Army Knife of all sharpeners. There is a carbide slot along with a ceramic slot machine, then there is a tapered diamond pole that works well for serrated blades.
11. Electric Diamond Knife Sharpener Tool
- In case your knives are made from stainless steel or ceramic, then that best electric 15-degree knife sharpener from Shenzhen is definitely for you. To start with, the purchase price of this item is quite attractive to people that have a small budget. However, that doesn’t mean the item is of low quality. On the contrary, it includes lots of outstanding features while requesting a very small room in your kitchen.
- There are two phases in this item, each of which has a Diamond Grinding Stone using 2 configurations – Fine #800 grit and Coarse #600 grit. As a result of Diamond sharpening stone-built from the sharpener, it may make your knives as sharp as the ones made out of factories.
- The sharpener slot manages the task of grinding the deflected advantages. The user can only set the knife through the slot with very little strain. Another slot is responsible for polishing and pruning so you could have a sharp and shining knife following sharpening. Getting user-friendly and compact, the knife is unquestionably an option for home-usage.
12. Brod & Taylor Classic Knife Sharpener Triple-Action Austrian Tungsten Carbide
- The Brød & Taylor – Classic Sharpener is among the more distinctive products available on the marketplace. It sports two spring-action pubs, each quadrant having a pub of tungsten carbide, that form a “V” and receptive to various angles depending on the strain exerted.
- Hand position determines which portion of the pub you are running the border over knife tip down to get rough shaping on a scratching edge, knife tip-up for hammering on a beveled border, and knife held amount for burnishing involving the horizontal plates. You might even sharpen serrated knives using just one facet of the “V.”
- 3 Must-Have Sharpening tools bundled in a single cheap collection for you, our Waterstone (grit 400/1000) using Non-Slip Rubber Base + Flattening Stone + Knife Sharpening Guide (Ebook) are all Ideal for creating very dull knives frightening sharp.
- Only one use of sharpening rock is sufficient to renew the sharpness of dull knives & damaged/battered blades. So you could get High Productivity, Faster Cutting making food preparation simpler, reduces fatigue & Reduces Stress on Wrist, hands, and arms brought on by blunt or dull knives.
- This Waterstone consists of exceptionally durable silicon carbide double side grit 400/1000. Grit 400 is used for returning borders to their original form, Grit 1000 is used for pruning & pruning the border. While the white-winged rock is used to level the uneven surface due to repeated usage, which makes it flat. As it’s a water rock, No expensive honing oil needed.
14. Work Sharp Knife & Tool Sharpener
- If you are new to the world of knives and gear, be aware that Work Sharp electric sharpeners can handle kitchen knives, outside knives, and plenty of additional tools. The Work Sharp includes just a one-speed alternative. It’s guiding for many angles but none for 15-degree Asian blades. In case you’ve got a Japanese santoku, then you are going to need to learn how to sharpen it with no manual.
- If you have just used manual and sticks handheld sharpeners your entire life, then expect a learning curve together with all the Work Sharp. When there are guides that will assist you to get specific angles, it is still simple to scratch your own blades. Or your knife can come out with a busted edge, particularly once you use the rough belt. We recommend beginning with your lowest-priced knives till you have gotten accustomed to the procedure.
- Your fragile kitchen knives should not find that degree of abrasives over double annually. As a new, Work Sharp is a veteran in pruning resources. It should not come as a surprise your knives come out razor-sharp after both sharpening and honing. And, as many users have confessed, you will end up obsessed with all the sharpness and will begin searching for more chances to utilize the tool.
15. PriorityChef Knife Sharpener for Straight and Serrated Knives
- This guide 15-degree knife sharpener comes at a cost price and certainly will sharpen both straight and serrated knives. Not only does this sharpen knives for immediate sharpness it does so in a manner that they remain sharp for more.
- It has two wheels, a rough diamond coated one which can sharpen your knife into a double-edge end while the next wheel hones the knife to enhance any tiny imperfections. Users love this instrument since it will get the job done and does not occupy a great deal of property in the kitchen.
16. Work Sharp E2 Kitchen Sharpener
- The E2 sharpener provides an impressive number of sharpening alternatives. Along with the simple fact, it may be used manually or electrically, it simplifies chef’s knives, serrated knives, paring knives, pocket knives, pocket knives, scissors, and shears.
- The E2 includes a 3-year warranty and also the capacity to buy replacements to the ceramic and elastic abrasive disks (used for sharpening and honing( respectively), even though the company claims you could sharpen as much as 100 knives prior to needing to change them out.
- The E2 is sturdy yet lightweight, easily storable includes a solid base foundation to keep the device stable, and comes in at a cool 50 bucks at the time of writing, literally half what you will pay for other comparable versions.
- Function Sharp also makes updated, pricier choices such as the E4 version, which boasts the nifty inclusion of an inner vacuum to get sucking flyaway metal particles. However, for the price tag, discovered the E2 had all of the bells and whistles we all had.
17. Smith’s – TRI6 TRI-6 Arkansas TRI-HONE Sharpening Stones
- If you are frustrated with the operation of 15-degree knife sharpeners – or if you are only a small control freak like me the Smith’s TRI-6 Arkansas TRI-HONE Sharpening System lets you manually sharpen your knives.
- The machine ships with three high-quality sharpening stones as well as also the added bracket hold the rocks in place so that you are able to do the job effectively and safely.
- The rotating triangle cube where the producer has mounted the 3 distinct sharpening stones makes it easy to simply twist a knob and locate the precise stone grit you want to utilize.
- Some may be a bit intimidated by employing a sharpening stone, instead of an electric sharpener, and it will require some practice to be certain you’re holding your knife at the ideal angle and implementing suitable pressure.
18. AccuSharp Knife & Tool Sharpener for Sharpening Knives
- If you’re searching for a 15-degree knife sharpener that’s unbelievably user-friendly in addition to easy on your pocket, the AccuSharp Knife Sharpener fits the bill. This apparatus may be used on all sorts of knives straight edge, serrated, European, Asian, and even axes and scissors.
- It uses one rock made from diamond-honed tungsten carbide which may place a sharp edge on knives in only a couple of seconds. Additionally, it is incredibly secure to use, since it includes a finger protector that protects your hands in the event of a casual slip.
- Clean up is a snap, because this sharpener, unlike others, is dishwasher safe. The AccuSharp can be considerably more compact than most of its rivals, which makes it effortless to keep the apparatus between applications.
19. LOFTER Adjustable Manual Knife Sharpening
- Professional Knife Sharpener in-built Angle Adjustment to Blade Angle 15-45deg to Sharpen Knives of distinct dimensions, depth, and borders to their proper edge. The advantage sharpener is the absolute best way to sharpen dull and damaged blades which could take moments, conserve housework time, keep your knives sharp.
- The Coarse Slot Revives quite boring or chipped knives. The wonderful ceramic slot sharpener hones and polishes the blade to the perfect angle. Our non-refundable grip underside keeps the sharpener stable along with also the specific bigger size is not hard to hold. Sharpening hasn’t been easier. Sharper knives are more powerful. A Growing Number of precise than the Regular whetstone
20. SHARPAL 191H Pocket Kitchen Chef Knife Scissors Sharpener
- If your paring knife desires a fast tune-up, catch this pint-size guide sharpener. It is small enough to fit within your silverware drawer or sit discreetly on your countertop, which means that you will spend less time setting it more than a milder electrical machine you must fish out of the cupboard over the refrigerator.
- Clamping the lever down supporting the sharpening slots triggered the suction cup base, and after that has been engaged, the 191H did not budge on counters. This layout allows for one-handed operation. In terms of sharpening capability, it required north of 70 moves between both phases to revive a fantastic cutting edge to our test knife that is dull.
- However, this was quicker than other manual versions we attempted, and if you are mainly using it for twice-monthly touch-ups, then you are going to need less elbow grease. Ultimately, we appreciated that the accession of this left-most abrasive that is constructed for sharpening scissors.
21. Work Sharp Knife & Tool Sharpener Ken Onion Edition
- If you’re trying to find the best 15-degree knife sharpener kit, most consider this a possible contender. What really sets it apart is the fact that it is very versatile, since you can use it to sharpen kitchen knives and hunting knives.
- In reality, it is not confined to knives such as pencil knives and fishing kayaks. You may use this to sharpen a machete or an ax, and also the blades on your lawnmower. All these are excellent with scissors also. In reality, there is a scissor manual built using a 65-degree angle.
- For the additional blades, you can correct the angle in 15 to 30 levels. It is possible to select one of the 1-degree increments, and everything you have to do would be to turn a knob to the angle you desire. That is a kit with numerous ranges of straps for various kinds of knives, and you may just purchase other optional attachments should you have to use them to get ceramic knives or even for precision gears.
22. Secura Electric Knife Sharpener 2-Stage Kitchen Knives Sharpening
- If you’re thinking about a budget-friendly electric 15-degree knife sharpener, look no more. Here we’ve got the option for you. This very best electric knife sharpener from Secura cannot only help you conserve power but also comes at a reasonable cost. It may likewise be utilized for both professional and home use. If you’re a starter, then it’s also quite acceptable for you.
- The first phase of the sharpener is to blame for sharpening the border and reshaping the blade angle while the next phase helps enhance the blade and make it more glowing like a brand new one. If it comes to electricity usage, the apparatus can work nicely on just 120 volts, which is quite efficient.
- What’s more, it may sharpen all non-serrated knives mechanically. Therefore, if you’re thinking about how to manage knives for cutting vegetables and meat, this really is the solution. Last, the purchase price of the most effective electric knife sharpener is quite attractive, which may satisfy the tight budget of several households.
Buying Guide for the Best 15-Degree Knife Sharpener
Whether you are working with a whetstone or a manual or electrical sharpener, there are generally two grit options so you can efficiently sharpen your blade. Stones are double-sided and sharpeners have two configurations. The degree of grit will signify just how much metal is shaved off the knife blade during sharpening.
Ordinarily, a rough grit (anything less than 1000 to get whetstones) ought to be utilized on a badly dulled knife which may have nicks, indentations, or processors. Next, medium grit (ranging from 1000 to 3000 grit) is very good to sharpen a knife that’s dull but not ruined.
Last, fine grit (4000 to 8000 grit), which will be much like nickel steel, is utilized for a gentle touch-up to enhance the edge of the blade. To efficiently sharpen a blade, it is best to use at least two distinct grits so the blade is at its finest.
Whenever you’re trying to buy a new kitchen gadget, assessing its dimensions is indispensable. Do you’ve got the storage area for this? Can it fit comfortably on your counter when you are using it? Is it bulky and large or can it be light and miniature? The 15-degree knife sharpeners are generally larger than the manual ones, whereas the rocks will be the most compact (just be sure that you’re keeping it at a place where it will not have roughed up).
The number of grit choices which a manual or electrical sharpener provides will also impact its dimensions. The fantastic thing about the dimensions of those sharpeners is the fact that it does not influence what blade dimensions it may work on. Whether you are sharpening a paring knife or a 10-inch chef’s knife, then any dimension sharpener may be used on the blade.
This class mainly pertains to whetstones, as they arrive in an assortment of unique substances. You will find water stones, acrylic stones, and ceramic stones. Water rocks, as its name suggests, need no less than a 5-minute dip in water to sharpen a blade. Here is the most usual sort of sharpening stone, and many are double-sided so they are fantastic for conserving a dull blade or touching a virtually sharp blade.
On the flip side, petroleum stones are generally a lot stronger. These stones do not demand a soak since they are already pre-filled with acrylic (though you could always add just a bit more oil to help sharpen). Like water rocks, they are two-sided in order that they could provide various degrees of grit. Oil stones normally have a longer lifespan than plain water rocks, though it could take just a bit more time to sharpen a dull sword in an oil stone compared to a water rock.
In regards to 15-degree knife sharpeners, most use a ceramic substance since it the abrasive. But in case you’ve got ceramic knives, then this will be inefficient, which means you will want to search for a diamond sharpener (which also functions nicely on a steel knife).
The 15-degree knife sharpeners can cost you anywhere from $6 to $100. Now, that is an assortment! If you are working with pricey chef knives that you use quite regularly, it is probably in your best financial interest to purchase an excellent knife sharpener that will not hamper the level of your pricey knife.
Nevertheless, if your knives are far more from the budget scope and you also use them on a rare basis, you can surely eliminate choosing for something a bit more economical. A number of the budget choices can make sharp bladesit just might take a tiny bit longer.
When you are on the market to find the very best 15-degree knife sharpener for you, decide whether you are a manual or electrical person. Is ease of usage more significant to you? Or do you want to retain a portion of control? Do your knives only need an occasional tune-up or are you following a full-size reshaping? Are you decided not to pay more than $20? Or are you prepared to lose $100 on a sharpener built to last?
There are several distinct factors that determine the usability of this very best 15-degree knife sharpener, and there is no such thing as an ideal apparatus for everybody. We expect our selections and reviews of the very best knife sharpeners made it a lot easier to locate the one which most suits your requirements and budget.