If you cook at home, range hoods are essential. To improve air quality in your kitchen, they help to vent harmful fumes and smoke. We’ll be discussing how pollutants can affect your health and comparing the best 30-inch range hoods.
The range hood is an essential part of any kitchen. These appliances are essential for removing smoke, grease, fumes, as well as filtering the air. These appliances also provide light for daily cooking and ambiance lighting.
This article will cover everything you need to know regarding 30-inch range hoods. From functions and features to differences between designs, We’ll answer questions like how high to place them over your stove. We will discuss our best 30-inch range hood picks for the most popular brands.
- Best 30-inch Range Hood Brands
- List Of 12 Best 30 Inch Range Hood Reviews
- 1. Cosmo 5MU30 30 in. Under Cabinet Range Hood
- 2. Hauslane | Chef Series 30″ PS18 Under Cabinet Range Hood
- 3. Broan-NuTone 413004 Non-Ducted Ductless Range Hood
- 4. XtremeAir Ultra Series UL10-U30 30-inch Range Hood
- 5. Summit Appliance H1620W 30-inch Range Hoods
- 6. BV Under Cabinet Seamless Stainless Steel Kitchen 30-inch Range Hoods
- 7. FOTILE JQG7501.E 30″ Range Hood
- 8. Cosmo COS-QS75 30 in. Under Cabinet Range Hood
- 9. Broan-NuTone F403011 30-Inch Range Hood
- 10. Cavaliere SV218B2-30 Wall Mount Range Hood
- 11. ZLINE ZLKB-30 KB-30 Wall Mounted Range Hood
- 12. VESTA 30 Inch Range Hood
- Buying Guide for the Best 30-Inch Range Hood
- Frequently Asked Questions
Best 30-inch Range Hood Brands
Because the market is very competitive, there are many range hood brands. Although this doesn’t make it easy to choose one, the competition works in your favor-the consumers-when it comes down to the money.
We’ve selected the most promising companies from dozens of them, and gave them a thorough inspection:
Zline Kitchen and Bath, a family-owned business, is located in Ohio and Nevada, United States. It was founded by Andy Zuko. Their reputation and products are built on honesty and dedication.
Zline exhaust hoods have a reputation for being durable and long-lasting. Zline exhaust hoods are loved by professional chefs and home cooks alike. In particular, the island mount vent hoods and wall mount vent hoods have been featured on Top Chef many times since 2016.
Broan is a household name in residential ventilation. Broan was founded in 1932 and has been a leading brand in fresh-air facilities for many years. Broan’s products include whole-house air quality systems and specific ventilation products such as fans or vent hoods.
Their most popular franchise is the range hoods. They are known for simple designs that offer few key features and low prices.
Fotile, a young company with a global reputation, has worked hard to build its brand through innovative thinking. Fotile V Range Hood series is a perfect example of this, featuring modern aesthetics and new mechanics.
Fotile aims to be a premium brand with high-end features in its range hoods. Their satisfied customers vouch for the quality Fotile range Hoods.
Chef, a brand new to the market, entered the business about 15 years ago. Their products have great potential. The brand isn’t very popular but it’s still a favorite in South San Francisco home improvement stores.
Chef’s most popular series is the Pro Under Cabinet Hoods. The series’ contemporary and eye-catching designs, as well as its many utility features, have had a long run.
Zuhne, although most well-known for its sink is still a prominent name in the bath fixture and kitchen industry. The brand’s professionalism in business helps to reinforce its existing popularity with consumers.
Zuhne chimney hoods are relatively new in the range hood market, but they have had some success. Zuhne chimney hoods are a unique appliance that offers quality craftsmanship and attention.
List Of 12 Best 30 Inch Range Hood Reviews
1. Cosmo 5MU30 30 in. Under Cabinet Range Hood
- Cosmo’s 5MU30 range hood is a high-quality, 30-inch-wide hood. The brushed stainless steel gives it a modern look and durable finish. The slim profile of this range hood will allow it to fit into any kitchen.
- This hood produces a maximum noise level of 56 decibels, which is much quieter than its rivals. It has five push buttons and three fan speeds. Two 3-watt LED lights are also available on the 5MU30 for additional kitchen lighting.
2. Hauslane | Chef Series 30″ PS18 Under Cabinet Range Hood
- The Chef PS18 is a ducted 30-inch range hood with under-cabinets that provides a polished appearance, touch controls, and lots of venting power. The blowers are available in sizes 30 to 36 inches. They are made from stainless steel which is very resistant to corrosion and has excellent impact absorption. The blowers can run at maximum power and reach 860 CFM, which is enough to provide 86,000 BTU. This is more powerful than four burners of 20,000 BTU running simultaneously.
- This model has stainless steel baffle filters. They trap grease effectively and are resistant to chemical or physical damage. They can be cleaned by hand, or they could be put in the dishwasher. The installation of the hood will require venting the kitchen. This will take time and cost money. If your kitchen has a vented design, it will be easy to mount the under-cabinet. Many owners shared their experience that the installation of the hood took less than an hour.
- The discharge configuration has an upward and rear outlet. An adapter measuring 6 inches in width or square will fit the upward outlet. Only square adapters will work with the rear outlet. The model is equipped with a touch screen that replaces physical pushbuttons. It has controls for fan speed, overhead light, delay timer, and fan speed. The touch screen adds to the modern look of the hood.
3. Broan-NuTone 413004 Non-Ducted Ductless Range Hood
- The Broan-NuTone413004 is our top pick for a budget 30-inch range hood. This affordable option is less than $100 and is the ideal range hood for people with limited space.
- Broan-Nutone is a market leader in range hoods and ventilation products. Broan, Best Range Hoods, and Zephyr are also hoods made by the company. These brands all have different range hood styles and prices, even though they are all owned by the same parent company.
- Your apartment has a 30-inch door opening. Your cabinet is too small to accommodate an over-the-range microwave. The hood measures only 6 inches tall, while an over-the-range microwave measures approximately 15 inches. A ductless range hood is what you are looking for.
4. XtremeAir Ultra Series UL10-U30 30-inch Range Hood
- XtremeAir is a well-known manufacturer of 30-inch range hoods that are extremely durable. The UL 1-U36 range hood is a great choice for residential use because of its under-cabinet design. It has high speed, high efficiency, and easily removable parts. It does not have a ductless operation facility and its high speed makes it a game-changer.
- The motor warranty on this model by XtremeAir is 10 years. Isn’t that amazing? The product is also compact and sleek with seamless corners. This product is only suitable for residential use. This range hood is easy to install and maintain.
- Material is made of stainless steel. The steel used in this model is not magnetic and extremely durable, unlike other models. The material’s thickness is 1mm. Baffle filters can also be made from stainless steel. The same material is used for the oil container. This model is unique in that all elements are made from the same high-quality steel as the range hood, which is unlike plastic models.
5. Summit Appliance H1620W 30-inch Range Hoods
- The 30-inch Summit H1620W range hood is an affordable option for those who have a small kitchen. The under-cabinet range hood is available in white, stainless steel, or black and provides basic utility at a very affordable price.
- The 180 CFM internal blower is not powerful enough to handle heavy-duty tasks, but it’s sufficient for basic cooking. There are two speeds of the fan, a switchable lighting option, and the ability to convert to recirculation. The Summit H1620W range hood is affordable and provides good performance.
6. BV Under Cabinet Seamless Stainless Steel Kitchen 30-inch Range Hoods
- This best 30-inch range hood is an affordable and practical option that is great for home use. It is made from stainless steel and has a satin finish, which is perfect for modern kitchens.
- It also comes with oil filters and removable baffle filters that can be removed and cleaned easily in the dishwasher. It doesn’t require any special equipment to clean.
- It is a range hood that weighs 39.1 pounds. The airflow is 900 CFM and it has a dual-motor setup which is perfect for this product. It also features 3-watt LED lights that are both very bright and energy-efficient. Pushbuttons make it easy to control the lights.
- There are four ways to use the product. It requires a 120 Volt power supply in order to function. The manufacturer provides a 1-year warranty and it is ETL-certified. The noise level can reach up to 70 DB at high speeds, but this could be decreased. It also creates vibrations that are not pleasant.
7. FOTILE JQG7501.E 30″ Range Hood
- Fotile JQG7501 is a wall-mount range hood with a 30-inch diameter. This model brings futuristic style to your cooking area. The unique framework leads steam and smoke through the 45deg slanted region to the inlet opening.
- The tempered glass is used as the top layer. This 30-inch glass range hood has a lot of appeals and is easy to clean. There are three intensity levels: 510, 400, and 220 CFM. If the burner capacity is lower than 18,000 BTU, the unit can accommodate 2 to 3 burners.
- Baffle filters are covered with a barrier that prevents tiny insects from entering. This cover opens automatically when you turn on the black range hood.
8. Cosmo COS-QS75 30 in. Under Cabinet Range Hood
- Cosmo QS75 30-inch range hoods are the most versatile. These decorative range hoods are a great addition to any cooking area. It comes with remote control and smart control panel so you can use it like a breeze.
- You will find 2 centrifugal engines that have a suction power of 900 CFM. This makes it easy to eliminate food orders, grease, and smoke. You can set the speed according to your preference with the three-speed option.
- Easy to clean, dishwasher-friendly filters eliminate oil and air pollutants. This under-cabinet range hood only requires a 120V power source to operate.
9. Broan-NuTone F403011 30-Inch Range Hood
- This is a very feature-packed option. It is a 4-way convertible range hood, which can be used with vertical or horizontal openings of 10 inches, round vertical openings 7 inches, and even non-ducted.
- It contains a fan and removable grease filters that are dishwasher-safe. It comes in white color and is made from stainless steel. This 30-inch under-cabinet range hood provides better ventilation and doesn’t take up much space.
- There are two versions available: a 160 CFM and one a 190 CFM. Both of these variants are HVI 2100 certified. The lamp lens, which houses a bulb and provides maximum visibility, is just like the other variants.
- It also comes with adaptors that lower noise levels for both 10-inch and seven-inch ducts. This makes it easier to use and reduces frustration. It also comes with a motor that is permanently lubricated so it doesn’t matter what you do.
10. Cavaliere SV218B2-30 Wall Mount Range Hood
- Cavaliere’s model has all the functions of the best 30-inch range hoods. Even though it’s a wall-mounted model it still runs at a great speed.
- This range hood will transform the look of your kitchen. These small details are worth a lot. Continue reading to learn more about the product. Don’t forget the auto-shutdown function!
- This Cavaliere model was a true beast. We are not judging you, but we ask that you keep ongoing. You will be convinced by the product’s features that you love it.
- It offers the ideal combination of speed, convenience, and durability. Once you’re done installing it you don’t have to worry about how it will work. Here’s a summary of what we have learned about the Cavaliere SV218B2.
- Let’s start with the build. This brand’s best feature is that it designs the products keeping in mind the most recent aesthetic trends. It is evident in every element of the products.
11. ZLINE ZLKB-30 KB-30 Wall Mounted Range Hood
- There are models that range in width from 30 to 48 inches, making them ideal for commercial and residential kitchens. All models, from the chimney extension to the hood, are made of stainless steel.
- You can adjust the blower’s suction speed to achieve a variety of speeds, including 280, 400, and 580 CFM. The maximum setting of 760 CFM allows the hood to handle 75,000 BTUs. It should be capable of handling five burners each with 15,000 BTU.
- ZLINE recommends speeds 1 and 2 to light frying, boiling, or grilling, while speeds 3 and 4 are recommended for heavy frying, boiling, or heavy frying, respectively. The KB series models come with aluminum baffle filters. These are dishwasher-safe, but it is a good idea to not put aluminum wares into the dishwasher.
- This is a ducted series so you will need to vent your kitchen. The ducts must be the run-up to the ceiling as there is no outlet at the rear. The chimney is made of stainless steel and will cover the pipe. A backdraft damper prevents air from entering the ducts.
- These models have a combination of physical buttons and digital displays. They also feature LED lights. To activate the delayed power-off function for 3 minutes, press and hold the power button until it flashes three more times.
12. VESTA 30 Inch Range Hood
- Vesta is a quality 30-inch range hood that can be installed under a cabinet. The stainless steel 30-inch range hood has a modern look and durable finish. The powerful 700-CFM motor removes smoke, odors, grease.
- Vesta allows for easier installation because it offers three options for vent connectors (rear rectangular, top circle, or top rectangle).
- An “oleophobic coating”, which is basically a grease-repellent coating, is applied to the fan blades. This will make the fan last longer. It also features 2 halogen lights and 3 fan speeds.
Buying Guide for the Best 30-Inch Range Hood
The type of 30-inch range hood that you can use will depend on the layout of your kitchen. Make sure the range hood you choose is at least twice the width of the surface it will be used on. These are some range hoods you should consider.
- Under Cabinet Hoods: These mount under a wall cabinet’s bottom. Smoke and fumes can be expelled from ductwork in a wall, ceiling, chase, or soffit. A few models have a shallow hood that slides out from the top of the kitchen cabinet. The typical kitchen cabinets only extend about half the distance from the stove. This extension funnels steam and smoke away from the cabinet faces back to the suction end. This design takes up space, but it may be the best option for those who can’t achieve the stove-to-hood clearance recommended by a standard undercabinet-hood design.
- Wall-Chimney Hoods: Wall-chimney Hoods are used where there is no cabinet over the range. They mount with exposed vent stacks to vent to outside.
- Island Hoods: The island hood is mounted to the ceiling and vented via ductwork. To help vent fumes, they do not have a wall or cabinets. They should be larger than the cooking surface.
- Downdraft Hood: They reverse the upward trend of fumes and smoke and exhaust them via ducts beneath the floor. In our tests, they were the least effective in removing steam and smoke. They can be used in any kitchen but their main use is in islands where it may not be possible to route the ductwork through ceilings.
- Ductless Hoods: This option is usually available on hoods that are under-cabinet or wall-mounted. This installation redirects steam, heat, and smoke away from your stovetop but back into your kitchen. The main filters can trap oil droplets and grease that have been dispersed in the air above the range. In most cases, an optional carbon filter can be added to reduce odors. A ductless hood is not recommended as it will absorb the smoke and odors from the stove and disperse them throughout your home.
Choose a model that is at least twice the width of the cooktop. Island-mount hoods do not have a wall or cabinets to vent fumes. They should be at least twice as wide as the cooktop. These are just a few of the features that 30-inch range hoods should have.
- Airflow: Manufacturers often refer to the CFM (cubic feet per minute) of exhausted air. However, more airflow does not guarantee faster ventilation. It doesn’t mean that your kitchen will have better smoke capture or removal. We tested many hoods and found that they had modest airflow.
- Number of Fan Speeds: The majority of hoods that we tested had three to six speeds. Two speeds are recommended: one for cooking, and another for after-cooking to allow the air to circulate while you eat. Three speeds are too many. Manufacturers should limit the number of speeds they offer to three. Instead, they should use a variable speed switch so that users can set the speed to their preference.
- Thermostat Control: Some models have a temperature sensor that automatically turns on the fan when the temperature drops below the hood. This feature is only available for microwaves that are over-the-range. The thermostat’s main purpose is to prevent microwave electronics from being damaged by high temperatures. The exhaust fan turns on if the temperature is too high under the microwave. This draws out hot air and brings in cool air from the kitchen. We don’t recommend this feature for range hoods. If you cook with oil and your pan catch fire, the exhaust fan will turn on. This will draw more air to the fire and fan it.
- Exhaust Timer: This handy feature turns the fan off after a certain time.
Range hoods are noisy. It is difficult to separate from the noise that 30-icnh range hoods make, given their power and capabilities.
However, you can’t minimize noise. The better the noise, the better. They have recently started making range hoods that reduce the noise quotient. We have also highlighted these products in the above-mentioned list.
The CFM level is what makes a Range Hood strong. CFM stands Cubic Feet per minute. CFM stands for Cubic Feet per Minute. The higher the CFM, it is the greater its power. It’s that simple!
Also, if you cook often at home, you should choose a higher CFM setting. The best 30-inch range hood will draw out the stale air more efficiently. You will experience a faster and stronger performance than those with lower CFMs.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who installs a 30-inch range hood?
If you’re replacing an under-cabinet range hood that measures 30 inches, it is best to contact your contractor. It is better to avoid home improvement stores that install hoods larger than 36 inches.
2. How much CFM should my range hood be able to handle?
Gas cooktops require 100 CFM per 10,000 BTU. Electric hoods should provide 100 CFM for every 10 in. the stove’s width.
If you are looking to eliminate odors, smoke, grease, and other unpleasant omissions from your home, a 30-inch range hood is a good investment. These decorative pieces can also add elegance and visual interest to your kitchen.
Don’t stop dusting your kitchen until it becomes noise-free. Get the best 30-inch range hood for you and your family to live a healthier life!