Finding the right piece in a sea of bar products can seem overwhelming. That’s why we are here! A solid cocktail strainer is essential for anyone who wants to improve their home cocktail-making skills. We consulted the professionals to find the best tools for making cocktails at home.
It should not be just any strainer. You want it to last a lifetime. It is difficult to find the best bar tools, so it is important that you choose the right one for you. A barware essential for making cocktails is a cocktail strainer. This guide will help you decide if you’re a professional or hobbyist bartender before you purchase a strainer.
- What is a Cocktail Strainer?
- List Of 13 Best Cocktail Strainer Reviews
- 1. Barfly Scalloped Julep Strainer
- 2. TheBarsentials Cocktail Strainer Set
- 3. OXO SteeL Cocktail Strainer
- 4. Winco Stainless Steel 4-Prong Bar Strainer
- 5. Swissmar Stainless Steel Cocktail Strainer
- 6. HIC Harold Import Co. Cocktail Hawthorne Strainer
- 7. 24 oz Cocktail Shaker Set
- 8. Viski Stainless Steel Mesh Cone Strainers
- 9. Cocktail Strainer – Koviti 3 Piece Bartender Kit
- 10. HIC Kitchen Julep Bar Strainer
- 11. Barfly Classic Hawthorne Spring Bar Strainer
- 12. True Fabrication Cocktail, Medium, Hawthorne Strainer
- 13. A Bar Above Hawthorne Strainer for Cocktails
- Buying Guide for the Best Cocktail Strainer
What is a Cocktail Strainer?
As the name implies, a cocktail strainer helps to remove any unwanted leftovers that can build up in the drink after it has been prepared. You don’t want guests or customers to be able to crunch on pieces of fruit seed or hard ice that have escaped from the shaker into their drinks. A good trainer can help you create a smooth, clean drink that’s free from fruit waste or ice chips.
List Of 13 Best Cocktail Strainer Reviews
1. Barfly Scalloped Julep Strainer
- Barware that is both professional and home-friendly. BARFLY Mixology Gear includes everything you need for making the perfect cocktail. This collection includes a range of tools to make perfect cocktails.
- This comprehensive range of barware and accessories are designed to ensure precision, control, accuracy, and ease of use. With professional tools from BARFLY Mixology Gear, you can create a buzz at your bar or party. They look amazing and perform well.
2. TheBarsentials Cocktail Strainer Set
- These strainers are essential bar tools accessories! Filter your Margarita or Manhattan, Mojitos, Martini, Martini Old Fashioneds, Martini, Mojitos, Martini, Mojitos, Martini, Mojitos, Martini, Mojitos, Martini, Martini, Old Fashioneds, Daiquiri, Whiskey Sour and Tonics.
- Set includes a cocktail stir spoon. The twisted long handle provides great control and grip while mixing and spinning. The 11-inch length makes it ideal for many shakers, glasses and pitchers.
- Spoons and straws made of durable 304 stainless are resistant to corrosion and rust. They are dishwasher-safe and won’t break or bend, making them ideal for professional bars or homes.
- Julep Strainer can be used in any size of mixing tin or shaker. Hawthorne Strainer can also be used with any size mixing tin. Conical fine mesh strainer/wire filter keeps out any ice shards or bits of lime, mint, and other small particles.
3. OXO SteeL Cocktail Strainer
- The Hawthorne strainer has an exceptional design. It is ergonomically designed to fit into your hand and can be used for extended hours. It was designed with bartenders in mind, so it is easy to use. It was designed specifically for professional bartenders. Its material is stylish and elegant, making it a great asset to any bar.
- This strainer is ideal for professional bartenders looking for a high-quality Hawthorne strainer. It is a bit more expensive than the average strainer, but its outstanding design and aesthetics are well worth it.
4. Winco Stainless Steel 4-Prong Bar Strainer
- Winco achieves a perfect balance between utility, quality, and style. Easy pouring is possible with the perforated stainless-steel disc, which comes with a fixed coil and four-prong entourage. This tool is a great complement to your next home bar. It is the perfect size, but not too small.
5. Swissmar Stainless Steel Cocktail Strainer
- These Swissmar cocktail strainers are a must-have for any bar with a well-equipped bar. This stylish stainless steel strainer is available in polished or brushed steel and will look great with any bar’s decor. The wire stabilizing ring has two prongs that ensure a snug fit.
- It fits most glasses and shakers. It works well to keep the ice out of your glass, but still allows for pulp to filter through. This strainer is perfect for straining drinks that have crushed or muddled ingredients. It is easy to use, but not too long that it becomes difficult to store.
6. HIC Harold Import Co. Cocktail Hawthorne Strainer
- This HIC stainless steel strainer is a great choice for adding to your bar equipment. This strainer is made from 18/8 stainless steel, which is resistant to rust and corrosion.
- This tool is resistant to rust and corrosion. This strainer is perfect for creating delicious mixed drinks. This strainer can be used to make drinks without the use of ice or muddled fruits.
- Easy cleanup is possible because the dishwasher-safe feature allows for quick and easy clean up. Even a novice bartender can use it. After mixing it, you will be able make Mint Juleps and Old Fashioneds that are perfect.
7. 24 oz Cocktail Shaker Set
- Bartenders need to have the right cocktail shakers in order to create delicious cocktails. A professional set of Aozita Cocktail shakers will make you happy.
- This set includes a Boston Tin with a built in strainer lid, a measuring jigger of double size, a mixing spoon and 2 liquor pour spots. The set is made from BPA-free stainlesssteel, which is durable and safe.
- The Aozita set can be washed in a dishwasher and is highly resistant to rust, which will save you time washing. The set’s luxurious appearance can be used to decorate the table or as a gift for someone who enjoys a cocktail.
8. Viski Stainless Steel Mesh Cone Strainers
- The professional-grade stainless steel cocktail cone is sized to fit any size mixing glass. As all cocktail cones, it can hold a full glass of liquor in one pour. Stainless Steel Construction Fits Large and Standard Mixing Glasses Professional QualityMeasures 9.25 inchesMakes a very trendy and sophisticated gift.
9. Cocktail Strainer – Koviti 3 Piece Bartender Kit
- 3 piece cocktail strainer set includes all the bartender accessories: mesh conical&julep&hawthorne strainer and recipes booklet. This strainer is perfect for making smooth cocktails. It also works well with a whiskey glass or a cocktail shaker.
- Enjoy Happy Bartending time – You can filter ice, fruit and herbs out of your Margarita or Manhattan, Mojito, Martini. Mixing happy times is as easy as shaking and stirring liquor.
- Cocktail Strainer Gift – A premium cocktail strainer set that can be used as a gift for any occasion, including weddings, housewarmings, Thanksgiving, Christmas and Valentine’s Day. This bartender kit can be used by an expert bartender or a beginner bartender. It is also recommended for your loved one, your family, and your friends. Different tastes keep everyone happy.
- Good quality and convenience – The cocktail strainer sets made of food-grade stainless steel 304 are non-corrosive, bendable, warp-resistant, and will not rust. The Koviti bartender kits will last for many years and can be used to make a variety of liquors such as Whiskey, Tequilas, Gin, Rum, Brandy, etc.
10. HIC Kitchen Julep Bar Strainer
- This Julep strainer was manufactured by Harold Import Co. and is made from stainless steel. It is slightly heavier than the average Julep strainer but it will not rust, corrode, or react with any cocktail ingredients. It is highly durable because it is seamless. It is easy to clean and maintain.
- Although this Julep strainer may seem expensive compared to other options on the market, it is a solid buy for both professional and personal use. The fill lines can be a bit difficult to master, especially if you’re a novice bartender. This strainer will work well for you if you aren’t afraid to use a strainer when making a drink.
11. Barfly Classic Hawthorne Spring Bar Strainer
- Be careful, as this tool can make you feel like a professional bartender when creating Manhattans for your next dinner party. This core is made of 18/8 stainless steel, which is corrosive resistant. The tight coils capture ice chips, fruits, and herbs before they reach your drink. We dare to say that you won’t need to double-train again.
12. True Fabrication Cocktail, Medium, Hawthorne Strainer
- This stainless steel strainer is a great addition to your bar supplies. It can be used with any shaker, so it’s easy to remove ice. There are many delicious combinations you can make.
- This quality strainer will allow you to make delicious mixed drinks quickly and accurately. This quality, steel cocktail strainer is the perfect gift to give the drink lover in your life.
13. A Bar Above Hawthorne Strainer for Cocktails
- The Bartender’s Choice: This strainer was designed by a career bartender in order to reduce stress on the hands and provide a pleasant straining experience for even the busiest bartenders. It is comfortable enough to work for the longest time and stylish enough to be used in the best home bars.
- This strainer is durable: It has been tested for strength and durability in high volume bars. This strainer is made from polished stainless steel that is food-grade. It will not rust, break or bend. Dishwasher safe for commercial and home dishwashers.
Buying Guide for the Best Cocktail Strainer
These are some things to consider when buying bar tools, particularly a cocktail strainer.
There are three types: Hawthorne (julep), fine mesh, and fine mesh. Each one has its pros and cons, especially for novice users.
1. Hawthorne strainer
Professional bartenders prefer the Hawthorne strainer because it fits almost all Boston shakers, which do not come with one. It is durable and easy-to-maintain. The tab on some more advanced strainers can be used to push it to the edge of your shaker tin. This will eliminate the need to strain twice.
2. Julep strainer
The julep strainer can be used by inexperienced bartenders as it is simpler to use. We prefer the Hawthorne strainer, but that is just our opinion.
3. Fine mesh strainer
Double straining is probably a term you see a lot in cocktail recipes. You can use either a Hawthorne strainer, a julep strainer, or a fine-mesh strainer to do this. While any fine-mesh strainer is acceptable, designers created conical-shaped fine-mesh strainers to reduce spillage. They are typically made from a metal fine mesh net and a handle.
Material and Finish
Although metal is the most popular material for strainers, some strainers are made of ABS plastic (tabs or handles). Since the plastic does not come into contact with the cocktail, it shouldn’t be an issue. However, newer strainers come in different finishes – copper, rose gold, gold, silver, matte black. The easiest to maintain is usually the silver finish, but rose gold and copper can be a nice addition to any otherwise boring bar setup.
You can choose the one that’s most convenient for you. A Hawthorne strainer and tab are a great choice for professional bartenders. It can double strain cocktails without the need to use a separate strainer. A fine mesh net with large holes on the handle is good for straining fruit pulp to make a cleaner cocktail.
While price is a major consideration, it should also be considered along with the item’s value. In professional settings, a brand that is more expensive but stronger is better. To find the right one for you, make sure to read customer reviews before buying.
Although it is easy to make a cocktail, a good strainer can make all the difference. You’ll get the perfect consistency, mouthfeel, flavor, and taste for the best drink. You’ll love the results, no matter if you use a Julep Strainer first to learn the technique, or jump straight into the Hawthorne.
Make the most of your cocktail strainers. It doesn’t take much to get the quality you want. To make informed decisions about buying new bar tools, you can check out reviews of jiggers or cocktail shakers.