A countertop ice maker is available for all refrigerators, except the most basic. However, it’s not enough for many people. A dedicated ice maker is a great option for anyone who entertains or crafts cocktails at home.
There is nothing worse than running out on the ice and having to drink a room-temperature beverage. Countertop ice makers are a great solution. These machines can produce an almost endless supply of ice no matter where you’re located. They can produce ice cubes within minutes so you don’t have to wait long for them.
The countertop ice maker is a small, freestanding machine that can be stored on countertops or taken on the move. They also have their own tanks so they don’t need to connect to water. They are great for backyards, trailers, and beach homes. Check out these 18 best countertop ice makers you can buy.
- List Of 18 Best Countertop Ice Maker Reviews
- 1. KUPPET Ice Maker Machine for Countertop
- 2. AGLUCKY Counter top Ice Maker
- 3. Hamilton Beach 86150 Countertop Ice Maker
- 4. NewAir AI-215SS Portable Countertop Ice Maker
- 5. COSTWAY Countertop Ice Maker
- 6. Igloo ICEB26AQ Automatic Portable Electric Countertop Ice Maker
- 7. Ivation Automatic Ice Cream Maker
- 8. Euhomy Ice Maker Machine Countertop
- 9. Igloo ICEB26WH Automatic Portable Electric Countertop Ice Maker
- 10. Frigidaire Counter Top Ice Maker
- 11. NewAir Countertop Clear Ice Maker
- 12. Igloo ICEB26HNSS Automatic Self-Cleaning Portable Electric Countertop Ice Maker
- 13. GE Profile Opal | Countertop Nugget Ice Maker
- 14. Euhomy Commercial Ice Maker Machine
- 15. Luma Comfort Portable Clear Ice Maker
- 16. Magic Chef 27-Lb. Portable Countertop Ice Maker
- 17. Prime Home Direct Counter Top Ice Maker
- 18. Vremi Very Nice Ice Maker for Countertop
- Buying Guide For Best Countertop Ice Maker
- How To Clean Countertop Ice Maker
- Frequently Asked Questions
List Of 18 Best Countertop Ice Maker Reviews
1. KUPPET Ice Maker Machine for Countertop
- Kuppet Ice Maker features modern refrigeration technology. The machine runs at just 38 decibels, which means that party conversations will not be interrupted. The machine also alerts you when it is full or empty. This helps to maintain it.
- Amazon customers commented that the machine was a necessity if you don’t have access to ice cubes. He filled a container with bottled water, and he was able to make ice cubes. Although it takes some time, it is worth it.
- Another customer said that she purchased this to take with her on a three-week camping trip. She was tired of purchasing bags of ice. Because ice melts faster in a bucket, she suggested that the ice be transferred to a freezer. She was pleased with the results, as it produced more than enough ice every day.
2. AGLUCKY Counter top Ice Maker
- The best countertop ice maker has many applications and small size of 12.3(D),8.7(W),12.6(H), inches. The countertop ice maker is portable and easy to use. You can use it wherever and whenever you want. It can be used in a bar, tea shop, or kitchen.
- The ice maker makes 9 ice cubes in just 6-8 minutes. You can even make up to 26.5 pounds of fresh ice each day. The ice maker countertop has a quiet cooling system that is quick and quiet. This allows you to save energy and keeps your nugget ice maker cool. It also ensures quiet operation.
- There are two sizes of countertop ice makers (small and large), which can be used to cool food or drinks. It produces smooth, round, bullet-shaped ice that will not harm your hands. Ice cubes are used to cool food and drinks.
3. Hamilton Beach 86150 Countertop Ice Maker
- Hamilton Beach 865150 can make ice in just eight minutes, and up to 28 lbs in 24 hours. The stainless-steel construction with black trim and a clear, flat lid allows you to see the ice form. The countertop ice maker is quieter than the other models we tested. You only hear the fan whirring until the next batch of Ice is made.
- Hamilton Beach produces two sizes of hollow, bullet-shaped, ice. They average one pound an hour. Each size was programmed separately and there was only a slight difference. The Hamilton Beach has a well-insulated tray that doesn’t melt and stops automatically when it is full (at around 1 pound). The control panel shows you when to add water and when to empty the removable basket.
- The Hamilton Beach 86150 was a bit more expensive than the countertop other ice makers we had tested when we reviewed it. Its price has dropped and now matches its competition.
4. NewAir AI-215SS Portable Countertop Ice Maker
- The NewAir 50-Pound Portable ICE Maker is an excellent choice, whether you are replacing an old ice maker or buying one for the first. This best countertop ice maker is small but powerful. It can make up to 50 pounds of ice per day and 12 pieces in seven minutes.
- You’ll be able to have ready access to ice for drinks, soda water, and any other beverages. Our tester said it took closer to 13 minutes to make ice at its largest setting. To make ice according to your needs, you can select from three different sizes of ice and set the 18-hour clock.
- An indicator light lets you know when water is needed or when the removable container is full. A scoop is also included to make it easy to serve. Although the ice will eventually melt, it is not refrigerated. However, our tester found that the bin was more insulated than smaller models.
- The machine is easy to maintain (it has a self-cleaning mode) and it produces ice very quickly. According to our reviewer, you can leave it running for up 2 hours on the small set to get a full bin. Be prepared to sacrifice some counter space. Although it is portable, the machine weighs in at 40 pounds.
5. COSTWAY Countertop Ice Maker
- This Costway unit, which is compact and easy to use, comes in six colors. The nine cubes can be made in as little as 6 to 13 minutes and can produce up to 26.5 lbs of ice per day. A satisfied customer wrote that the cube started making small batches of ice about every seven minutes.
- This countertop ice maker can be carried around with ease and is compact enough to fit on most countertops. It can be used at a barbecue, garden party, or family gathering. The ice maker’s compact and portable design makes it ideal for any bar, tea shop, or kitchen. Ice is available wherever and whenever you need it.
- The icemaker is equipped with a high-power compressor, nine corrosion-resistant condensers, and an R134a refrigerant. It also has a 2.2L/74oz tank. This ice maker produces 9 ice cubes in just 6-13 minutes. This allows you to have fresh, good-quality ice every day. You can make as much ice as you want with the countertop ice maker.
- The best countertop ice maker indicator will remind you to empty the basket when it is full and to add water if the icemaker is dry. The control panel is simple and easy to use. You can monitor the ice production situation through the transparent viewing window. To remove the ice, you can use the removable ice basket or ice scoop.
6. Igloo ICEB26AQ Automatic Portable Electric Countertop Ice Maker
- This compact, sleek, and portable appliance will keep your drinks cool and chilled. This countertop ice maker can make 26 pounds of ice per day and can be made in just 7 minutes. The viewing window lets you see the ice being made and the 2-pound ice container ensures that there is enough space for all your beverages.
- You can choose between small and large ice cube sizes. The LED-lit control panel also lets you know when water should be added and whether the ice basket has reached its maximum capacity. Ideal for pool parties, office parties, dorm rooms, and other occasions.
- The electronic control panel is easy to use and illuminated by led lights. It lets you know when water needs to be added when your ice basket has reached its full capacity and allows you to select the size of the cubes.
7. Ivation Automatic Ice Cream Maker
- The Ivation 48-Pound Daily Capacity Countertop Ice Maker is the best choice for big events and parties. It has a 4.7-quart water tank that provides continuous ice making. The Ivation Counter Top Ice Maker is expensive but allows you to make ice almost anywhere, from your dorm room to your RV.
- The unit can make a batch of ice cubes in eight minutes. It can also produce 48 pounds of ice in 24 hours. The digital control panel allows you to choose from three sizes of cubes, an “add water” light that will let you know when your water is low, and an “ice full light.” The ice maker is quiet and easy to transport thanks to the side handles.
8. Euhomy Ice Maker Machine Countertop
- Are you looking to reduce counter space? This is the smallest unit on our list, the Euhomy Countertop Icemaker. Each ice cycle takes just 8 minutes. You can get 26 lbs if you leave the machine on for at least one day. Ice!
- This home ice machine is compact and easy to move around your house. It can be used in your basement bar or taken on a trip. Its sleek, steel finish makes it easy to fit in modern kitchens despite its size.
- Although the Euhomy Countertop Ice Maker Machine may be small, it packs a powerful punch. It is easy to use and does not require a lot of power.
9. Igloo ICEB26WH Automatic Portable Electric Countertop Ice Maker
- The countertop ice maker from Igloo can hold up to 26 lbs of ice. It also has a three-quart water tank. The ice basket can hold two pounds of ice at once. It can hold up to two pounds of ice cubes at once, making it the best countertop ice maker for serving different beverages.
- The control panel is simple and efficient and allows you to access all the necessary information. You can choose the size of ice cubes and turn them on or off the machine. You can see the indicator lights to let you know when water is added and when the ice has been consumed.
- Even if you are in a hurry, it takes just seven minutes to make one batch of ice. You can monitor the progress of your ice by using a transparent lid.
10. Frigidaire Counter Top Ice Maker
- This countertop ice machine will look great in any room. It can make enough ice cubes for a drink in just six minutes. It also allows you to select from three sizes. This is great for making smoothies or filling up your water bottles.
- One Amazon customer shared that he purchased this for his wife. The freezer keeps running out of ice and is constantly in need of cleaning. That was solved quickly. It is quiet, stylish, and easily fits into space. Another customer stated that the fridge was very efficient and that the ice cubes could be in different sizes. She also liked the stainless steel exterior.
11. NewAir Countertop Clear Ice Maker
- In just minutes, you can create restaurant-quality transparent ice and up to 40 lbs in 24 hours. Insulated storage ensures that your ice cubes won’t melt as quickly as traditional ice machines
- You can get your machine up and running in a matter of seconds with One-Touch Control Making high-quality ice has never been easier. The NewAir ClearIce40 countertop portable ice maker comes with a small, BPA-free plastic scoop and removable ice basket. It automatically shuts off once it is full.
- The small but powerful design makes it easy to install on your countertop. We mentioned earlier how simple this icemaker was to use. It doesn’t require any installation. Simply plug it in and add water. You can expect clear ice cubes within 15 minutes.
12. Igloo ICEB26HNSS Automatic Self-Cleaning Portable Electric Countertop Ice Maker
- We tested the Igloo ICEB26HNSS ice maker. It is very portable. The Igloo’s sturdy handle makes it easy to transport the ice maker from one place to another. The Igloo is the only ice maker on the market with a handle. This countertop ice maker is a great option if you want to make ice outside of your kitchen.
- It can make ice in seven minutes, despite making 26 pounds less than its competitors (26 pounds in 24 hours), Although the company claims that the Igloo is quiet, in reality, it makes a loud hum when it makes ice. You can take the Igloo on camping trips because it has excellent insulation. It will keep a batch ice cold without melting.
- The Igloo also has a self-cleaning function. The Igloo can be cleaned by adding vinegar and water to the machine. It will then run through the ice-making process with the frozen element off. The machine will be done in 10 minutes. After that, it needs to be drained.
- However, draining an Igloo can be difficult. You will need to place the drain plug in the bottom right corner of the unit. Unfortunately, the drain plug can be difficult to remove. You may need to use pliers, or another tool, to get it out.
13. GE Profile Opal | Countertop Nugget Ice Maker
- Nugget ice is a soft, chewy type of ice that can be used to make blended drinks such as smoothies or frozen margaritas. Because it keeps your mix cooler for longer periods of time, nugget ice won’t alter the flavor.
- The Opal Nugget Ice Maker is a highly-rated nugget maker with many convenient features. The machine can produce 1 lb of ice per hour and can store up to 3 lbs. It’s easy to see how much ice is left and pull it forward for scooping (ice scoop included). Insulated to keep the ice-cold, the bin can also be used as a scooper. However, if the ice melts, the countertop ice maker will detect the decrease in ice level and make more.
- Do you want to control your icemaker from your smartphone? Bluetooth technology is available on the Opal Nugget, so you can adjust the controls from your smartphone. You can download the FirstBuild app to create a schedule you can adjust or monitor on the move. It’s easy as pie!
- Although the Opal does not produce exact replicas of nugget ice sold at Sonic, our reviewer found it to be very tasty when she tried it with many different drinks. The ice was soft and easy-to-swallow in taste tests.
14. Euhomy Commercial Ice Maker Machine
- This commercial ice machine is the number one seller on Amazon. It’s a must-have for any restaurant, cafeteria, hotel, or bar. If you have enough space, you can also use it at home. It offers 100 pounds of ice per hour, an LCD panel that is easy to operate, and three sizes.
- One customer wrote that the countertop ice machine could fill coolers faster than he expected because of its rapid ice production. Our ice requirements have never been easier to meet in a multi-generational household with six adults. Another comment is that I use the machine in my tavern/restaurant. It helps me get by on busy nights with lots of ice!
15. Luma Comfort Portable Clear Ice Maker
- The GE machine above produces soft, chewy nuggets. However, the Luma Comfort countertop ice maker is perfect for making crystal clear squares. Clear ice is a favorite choice for customers, whether they are drinking iced coffee or cocktails. They swear that it takes longer to melt and therefore requires more water to dissolve.
- One customer said that the cubes make his favorite drinks taste and feel “much better.” Another said that the machine produces beautiful, clear, and restaurant-quality ice cubes, 24 hours a day. Last week, we had guests who came over to enjoy cocktails on our front porch. We ran out of ice. The Luma Comfort ice maker was fired up and we had fresh cubes within 15 minutes.
16. Magic Chef 27-Lb. Portable Countertop Ice Maker
- The Magic Chef MCIM22TS 27lb ice maker is the best choice for large cubes. It can be done in just seven minutes. This countertop ice maker can produce 27 pounds of ice within 24 hours. It also has a full gallon water reservoir that you don’t need to refill as often.
- Although it is a little more expensive than others, the cubes are very large and the unit is the quietest. There are three sizes available, as well as additional water and a bucket light. The Magic Chef MCIM22TS 27lb Ice Maker is the best choice if you want ice in a larger size and more reservoir.
17. Prime Home Direct Counter Top Ice Maker
- The Euhomy Ice Maker can be used to make a great event. The Euhomy Ice Maker can make 1.5 lbs. One pound of ice at once In six minutes, all your guests will be able to enjoy iced beverages. You can also make small and medium-sized ice cubes.
- Prime Home’s portable ice maker will not disappoint. The Prime Home Portable Ice Maker comes with a 2-year warranty. This means that you can be sure its quality is guaranteed. The unit comes with an ice bucket, scoop, and instructions for how to pour the ice.
- Prime Home Portable Ice Maker is ideal if you need to quickly serve cold drinks. It doesn’t melt the ice so it must be kept running to refresh drinks.
18. Vremi Very Nice Ice Maker for Countertop
- Vremi Countertop Ice Maker is 9.5x12x13.5 inches. This makes it an attractive option for those who are looking for a small ice maker. In a single cycle, the machine produces nine ice cubes. The entire cycle takes only 10 minutes and you can grab a few cubes if you have a quick need for ice. You can make 26 pounds of ice in just 24 hours if you are interested in making larger batches.
- The ice maker runs at 120 watts. The water reservoir stores any water that has melted from the ice tray and can be used to make the next batch of Ice. The machine includes a 1.5-pound removable ice basket and a plastic scoop that makes it easy to get the cubes out when they are ready. This ice maker doesn’t require a water connection.
Buying Guide For Best Countertop Ice Maker
To buy your best countertop ice maker for home, you need to be familiar with certain aspects. These include types and features. Continue reading to learn more.
Types Of Countertop Ice Maker
There are two types of countertop ice makers that you can choose: they both serve the same purpose – to make cubes for consumption, whether it’s for the summer heat or for party drinks. They differ in terms of the size and capacity they can produce as well as the shape and sizes of the ice they make. Their cost is also a notable difference.
These are lightweight and small-sized. They are easy to install and have a simple design. They are portable and easy to use. These countertop ice maker reviews are worth a look.
These ones can be more expensive than the other types and may require additional labor to install. They also have a larger footprint than the previously mentioned countertops machine. They have more storage space, which can handle large groups.
The best way to choose the right ice maker is by knowing what you want. You should pay attention to countertops and under-counters when choosing ice makers. For a budget-friendly countertop icemaker, you might want to read our reviews.
A countertops cube maker is a lightweight and portable option for those who are looking for something lightweight. These can be easily taken on camping and boating trips. If you are looking for a more powerful tool to produce more cubes then you will need an under-counter model.
They can be used in large gatherings such as parties or family holidays. If you plan to use the ice maker commercially, there is a countertop commercial icemaker. These ice makers can produce large quantities of cubes per batch, and they come in a variety of sizes and shapes.
This is critical to the purpose of purchasing one. The tool should be the right size for the place where it will be used. You will need smaller, portable cubes makers if you plan to use them on your motor. They produce ice quicker than the larger ones and keep it colder.
This is a sign that the cube maker is high-quality. To determine the speed of a tool, you should look at the tool’s production time. This equipment is smaller and produces more cubes per minute than a larger model. A batch could be made in under six minutes, while others can take between 15-20 and 30 minutes.
These cubes are usually bullet-shaped and have hollow interiors. Some make dice-shaped ice. Because of their structure, the cubes melt at the same rate. The shape of the cubes will have an impact on the taste of your beverage. If you desire a particular flavor, it is important to include this aspect in your decision-making process.
A countertop ice maker that produces 24 pounds per day could be considered the best. This is enough to feed a small house party. This is an essential tool that you should definitely have.
Cleaning and Maintaining
Although this equipment isn’t necessarily in need of daily maintenance, it’s still a good investment if it comes with a mesh filter. A self-cleaning cycle is a great addition to the mesh filter. These features can be a benefit to you and are cost-effective.
You will need to spend some money in order to get one. You can only afford one of these. It is recommended that you look for the ones that are within your budget.
These equipment are more expensive than older models, but they offer the best quality and performance. There are some affordable options available if you don’t have the budget to purchase expensive equipment. They still work well and produce cubes with a stable cycle.
How To Clean Countertop Ice Maker
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do Countertop Ice Makers work?
This equipment works in a similar way to refrigerators and freezers that use cubes markers. They pump water into the tray. The water is then cooled by the refrigeration process. The cubes will be released by the excess heat of the compressor.
Here’s how to operate them.
- Plug them into a standard 110v outlet.
- Fill a tray with water until it reaches a threshold. For most tools, this would require 8-10 cups.
- These tools don’t require a separate water supply.
- Now, place the tray back in its container and seal its lid.
- Push the “ON” button to start it. Choose the size you wish it to produce. Most equipment comes in a default size of “Large”.
- These tools can produce cubes quickly and efficiently, so you can make a batch in a matter of minutes. The majority of countertop ice makers are easy to use.
It is easy to use the device to make ice cubes and natural ice cream. This device is great for ice cream lovers. For those who don’t have an icemaker, you can learn how to make ice cream in a blender.
2. Which countertop ice maker is right for me?
A nugget ice maker is an excellent choice, whether you need extra ice or want to make fresh ice for outdoor or indoor gatherings. The majority of countertop ice machines are small enough that they can fit on your countertop but large enough to produce up to 26 lbs of ice per day. If you have a need for a quick batch, you can make 10 to 10 cubes in less than 10 minutes.
3. Does a countertop ice maker need to have a water line?
Most portable icemakers have a water reservoir and are mobile enough to use. There are some units available that homeowners might prefer that require a water line and a drain.
4. What is the Energy Draw of an Igloo Countertop Icemaker?
The compressor of an igloo’s machine works better. It only requires 120 watts of power to operate. It’s so quiet that you won’t even know it’s there. See our countertop ice maker reviews. This brand is on our list. For more information, you can also check out other reviews of igloo countertop-ice makers.
The countertop ice maker is portable, compact, and simple to use. These ice makers can prevent you from running to the local grocery store when there isn’t enough ice to go around at your house party. The best countertop ice makers will also be able to help you cool down during hot summer days.
The following countertop ice makers in 2021 have been chosen because they can produce at least 20 pounds of ice each day. Because side doors can cause ice to spill out, these ice makers have top access only. These best countertop ice makers have a side drain to ensure that no meltwater is left in the unit. This is important as even a small amount of water cannot be easily drained from the unit. It can also cause mold growth.