When you drink your favorite morning brew from a drip coffee maker that was made with care and precision, there’s nothing better in life than that very moment. Whether you prefer to have your coffee with cream and sugar or black as midnight on a moonless night, one thing is for sure.
Coffee is a drink that many people around the world enjoy, and while we all have our preferences, some people just can’t live without their morning cup of coffee. This blog post will explore the best drip coffee maker to help you create your perfect cup of joe.
- What is a Drip Coffee Maker?
- List of 15 Best Drip Coffee Makers Reviews
- 1. KRUPS Simply Brew Family Drip Coffee Maker
- 2. COSORI Pour Over Coffee Maker
- 3. Keurig K-Duo Coffee Maker, Single Serve and 12-Cup Carafe Drip Coffee Brewer
- 4. Braun KF7170SI BrewSense Drip Coffeemaker
- 5. Mueller 12-Cup Drip Coffee Maker
- 6. Ninja CFP301 DualBrew Pro Specialty 12-Cup Drip Maker with Glass Carafe
- 7. BTaT- Pour Over Coffee Maker
- 8. Braun KF6050WH BrewSense Drip Coffee Maker
- 9. Calphalon 14-Cup Programmable Stainless Steel Drip Coffee Maker
- 10. Café Specialty Drip Coffee Maker
- 11. Capresso 5-Cup Mini Drip Coffee Maker
- 12. HAUSWIRT K6 Automatic Grind and Brew Coffee Maker
- 13. Smeg DCF02PBUS 50’s Retro Style Drip Filter Coffee Maker
- 14. Keurig K-Duo Plus Coffee Maker, Single Serve and 12-Cup Carafe Drip Coffee Brewer
- 15. KitchenAid KCM1208DG Spiral Showerhead 12 Cup Drip Coffee Maker
- Why Choose a Drip Coffee Maker?
- How to Choose the Best Drip Coffee Maker for You
What is a Drip Coffee Maker?
A drip coffee maker is manually operated equipment that passes hot water through coffee grounds. It features an electric or gas heating element for warming up the water and an automated system that distributes the heated water over the ground coffee to produce the brewed beverages.
Just like other types of brewers, they also require filters to separate solid wastes from the beverages. Drip machines come with several components such as a carafe (a pitcher included in some models), filter basket, lid, decanter support, spout, and funnel port. And they are available in different forms such as vacuum pots, urn-style urns, percolators, and thermal carafes.
Drip brew systems are often used for large-scale operations (for instance commercial restaurants and enterprises) but they are also found in the home. They produce a small batch of coffee at a time and usually take several minutes to complete a brew cycle.
In this process, ground coffee is added into a filter basket that contains filter paper – sometimes gold or silver-plated for better extraction. The prepared grounds should be distributed evenly to assure uniform brewing. Some drip brewers have cone-shaped filters while others may feature flat-bottomed filters or perforated baskets with round bottoms. The aim here is to let water pass through the grounds for optimal flavor extraction without allowing any sediments to come along with it, so it’s important to ensure an even distribution of the liquid throughout the whole container as well as layers of the grounds.
After that, place the filter basket into the brewer and pour hot water over the coffee – it takes 5 to 7 minutes for this process depending on different models. The contact time between water and ground determines the flavor profile of the final beverage which is why timing should be consistent throughout each batch. Sometimes extra 30 seconds may make a difference – not only in extraction but also in taste. Afterward, simply remove the carafe from the brewer, separate spent grounds with help of a clean spout or spatula tool, and serve brewed coffee immediately!
List of 15 Best Drip Coffee Makers Reviews
1. KRUPS Simply Brew Family Drip Coffee Maker
- The KRUPS Simply Brew Family Drip Coffee Maker was created for people who are looking for a sleek, new-age coffee maker with all the convenience of modern-day appliances.
- With a simple design and easy operation, KRUPS has made it easier than ever to get your morning coffee fixed with just the push of a button! Built with safety in mind, this machine features an on/off lighted button that automatically shuts off in one hour after brewing completely.
- A dishwasher-safe glass carafe is included in the set—perfect when you’re pressed for time but still want to serve guests some flavorful hot coffee. The most convenient feature?
- With 10 cups of brewing capacity for larger households, you can get your coffee fixed all at once. And with a sleek modern design that fits any decor, it’s easy to love this machine.
- Plus, because there are no paper filters or pod packs involved in the process, every cup has a good tasting unsullied coffee flavor to savor. So who needs caffeine? Not you–with this coffeemaker!
2. COSORI Pour Over Coffee Maker
- COSORI is the pour-over coffee maker that you’re looking for. With its double-layer filter, it’s easy to make your favorite hot beverage without any coffee ground deposits in the cup. That means no more “can I get anyone else anything?” The 34-ounce capacity lets you customize exactly how much caffeine you need to stay alert and satisfied all day long.
- COSORI’S heat-resistant borosilicate glass decanter can be heated on a stovetop to create delicious, warm cups of joe when hosting brunch with friends or crafting iced lattes in preparation for summertime!
- Your morning coffee ritual just got a whole new set of sophisticated features. COSORI is a pour-over coffee maker that gives you the power to choose the perfect flavor.
- This sleek and easy-to-use machine leaves your old French Press in the dust with its custom control settings – it’s easier than ever to experiment with different courses of action on how you brew your beans, from water temperature and flow rate, to ground concentration.
- Now there are no excuses for settling for second best on not being able to get that unique cup of coffee you crave just perfectly right at home!
3. Keurig K-Duo Coffee Maker, Single Serve and 12-Cup Carafe Drip Coffee Brewer
- Wouldn’t it be nice if life had a pause button? When you need to go back and catch your breath, reset. Maybe even fill your soul cup for later on. And the K-Duo Drip Coffee Maker is here to help you do just that by coming loaded with features–even one specifically designed for carafe-always coffee drinkers.
- The 12 cup glass carafe is made especially to keep the rich flavor longer than previous models, so you never have to drink weaker-than-quality brew again. Plus its heating plate gently keeps coffee hot so you always have time for just one more sip. Good thing there are multiple brew sizes available ranging from 6 hourly all the way up to 12 cup carafes!
- With a Keurig K-Duo Drip Coffee Maker, you get the best of both worlds. Enjoy a single cup or carafe with just the touch of a button. Drink your way to success! Brew that perfect cup with an easy-to-use, removable water reservoir. With a 60 ounce tank and programmable 24-hour auto brew, it’s never been easier to have great coffee on hand when you need it most.
- Stay at home parent who hates dragging themselves out of bed in the morning? The removable water reservoir makes refilling an easy task so you’ll be happily back in slumberland before even realizing what time it is again!
4. Braun KF7170SI BrewSense Drip Coffeemaker
- Enjoy a satisfying cup of coffee with Braun’s KF7170SI BrewSense Drip Coffeemaker. With its innovative pure flavor system, the appliance extracts the best flavors and aromas from your grounds.
- The carafe lid minimizes air exposure as it seals in freshness for maximum satisfaction. For maximum flexibility during brewing cycles, the anti-drip system allows you to pour at any time – without worrying if beans are ready to be poured out or not!
- A coffeemaker that knows how you like your coffee – and pours it to order. Make a fresh pot of coffee, any time! The digital display is easy to use and allows for personalization such as brew strength (regular or bold), start time, and timer mode (auto-off).
- Waking up to freshly brewed java couldn’t be easier-simply set the fully automatic 24-hour programmable timer so there will always be a hot, delicious cup waiting for you first thing in the morning!
5. Mueller 12-Cup Drip Coffee Maker
- It has been scientifically proven that a cup of coffee in the morning can jump-start your brain and put you on a high. In order to get your daily dose of caffeine, Mueller got their hands on some awesome machines.
- This machine is great for those who do not have time to waste or just need a few cups at a time. It comes with a permanent filter so you will never need paper again and dishwasher safe carafe for easy cleaning.
- We put a lot of work into making the Mueller 12-Cup Drip Coffee Maker a thing of beauty. It’s built with an anti-slip pad to keep it from getting those pesky spills, and those that do happen will stay off your counter tops.
- The machine also comes with a handy warming plate so you don’t have to worry about fresh brew cooling down before you’re ready to enjoy it. All of our products are designed for you as well as we make sure we offer only the best quality coffee maker around.
6. Ninja CFP301 DualBrew Pro Specialty 12-Cup Drip Maker with Glass Carafe
- The Ninja CFP301 DualBrew Pro Specialty 12-Cup Drip Maker with Glass Carafe is the perfect choice for the coffee aficionado who loves to make both their fresh ground coffee and K-Cup single-serve sizes.
- The machine features quick brewing of your favorite pods, while also delivering brilliant drip coffee in whatever grind size you prefer; small cup, travel mug, ½ carafe, ¾ carafe, or full carafe.
- Plus our designer team has included traditional brew styles like rich cafe latte’s over ice coffees that are perfect to sip during any time of day. All at a competitive price that can’t be beat!
- The Ninja CFP301 DualBrew Pro Specialty 12-Cup Drip Maker with Glass Carafe offers a wide range of features to keep your kitchen setup flexible and efficient. To start, the unit has two separate brewing systems so you can now brew coffee from whole beans or preground coffee specifically for hot water dispensing.
- The bad news is that those options are both independently controlled so you’ll have to juggle between them as needed. But hey, at least there’s a one-touch button for setting the timer which will automatically switch off the machine after two hours if we’re lucky enough not to need hot water during that time period.
7. BTaT- Pour Over Coffee Maker
- The BTaT pour-over coffee maker is designed for an excellent cup of coffee in minutes. The permanent stainless steel double layer mesh filter separates fines from the ground beans, minimizing sediments during normal use.
- The borosilicate glass carafe eliminates the potential for the thermal shock that could break your handiwork with improper handling. Dishwasher safe and lead-free, this product meets rigorous standards both at home and in work environments.
- The BTaT pour-over coffee maker is perfect for the home brewer. Our Bamboo base lets you neatly store your equipment to avoid coffee stains, and makes 4 cups of Coffee at a time. Designed to make four 8 ounce cups in total, our autoclavable filter will ensure your coffee tastes fresh every time.
8. Braun KF6050WH BrewSense Drip Coffee Maker
- The Braun KF6050WH is the perfect choice for anyone who enjoys that first cup of coffee in the morning! Running it at night and waking up to a fresh pot ensures you won’t be searching for filters or grinding beans ever again. Enjoy your favorite coffee house flavor at home with this programmable 24-hour timer, auto-shutoff feature, and easy-to-read clock.
- This brewer offers the convenience of brewing coffee without presoaking-so you can enjoy rich flavor anytime. The 12 cup carafe locks in freshness, even if you’re pressed for time. And, no matter how much or little water is used to brew your coffee, this coffeemaker will do it right every time with its taste capabilities too!
- The convenient cord storage and sleek design will make this brewer a veritable centerpiece of your kitchen countertop. The drips won’t bother you either because Brewsense pauses when pouring any cup size.
9. Calphalon 14-Cup Programmable Stainless Steel Drip Coffee Maker
- The Calphalon Programmable Stainless Steel Drip Coffee Maker brews up a perfect pot of coffee with the touch of a button. This machine heats water quickly to precisely 195-205 degrees Fahrenheit and has an enlarged shower head that uniformly distributes water for delicious, flavorful, strong coffee whenever you want it.
- We designed this coffee maker to always provide you with a consistently flavorful, high-quality cuppa. We have a self-cleaning option so the machine is in mint condition for your next morning joe.
- Coffee aficionados will note that we also offer a Brew Now button, which allows you to pause and serve any time of day. Only Calphalon provides award-winning design along with smart features like our Auto-Off Timer Selector, so no java junkie gets left out in the cold!
10. Café Specialty Drip Coffee Maker
- The Café Specialty Drip Coffee Maker is a 10-cup professional coffee maker that specializes in making your favorite cup of coffee – with or without cream and sugar. Whether you’re a traditionalist who loves a good, full-bodied cup of dark roast coffee or an espresso lover who enjoys a light touch on top of their delicious, iced cappuccino, the options are limitless with this Advanced Gold Cup Certified Cuisinart drip machine!
- You’re in the mood for breakfast, but don’t want to spend an hour in line at your nearest coffee shop. With this fun and innovative new device, you can turn on the single-serve setting, pick out any specialty drink – latte, iced americano? – and voila! A barista-quality cup of coffee is served right from your own counter.
- And that’s not all! Not only will you be able to create classic favorites like drip or pour over with this product, but it also has WIFI capabilities which mean looking forward to connected brewing. Connect wirelessly through their app with voice control via Alexa or Google Home voice assistant to get perfectly crafted precision coffee brewed fresh every time.
11. Capresso 5-Cup Mini Drip Coffee Maker
- The Capresso 5-Cup Mini Drip Coffee Maker is perfect for on-the-go coffee drinkers and those looking to brew just enough. The sleek, compact design fits into small spaces and takes up very little counter space.
- This product’s features include programmable brewing time for the first cup of the day, an adjustable stand that fits any size mug, and a drip-stop filter so you can pour from your cup with no spilling over. This machine will be delivered to you by UPS Ground in 3-5 days.
- People won’t stop talking about how perfectly sized the glass carafe for this 5-cup coffee maker is–perfect for 1 or 2 people! It’s showerproof, so you can pour without worry. And don’t need to touch it until it’s clean with just a rinse of water. Plus, despite being super small in size, the goldtone filter eliminates the need for messy paper filters while making brewing even easier than ever before.
12. HAUSWIRT K6 Automatic Grind and Brew Coffee Maker
- The Hauswirt K6 is your best choice for a no-fuss coffee maker. Whether brewing coffee or coffee, you can adjust the grinder to make the grind size coarse, medium, or fine for different taste needs. For quicker results, there are multiple cycles that will turn on by themselves after boiling water has been poured in.
- This machine only takes 5 minutes to brew an Americano at 197°F with its PTC ceramic warming plate equipped which keeps it hot thereafter. The HAUSWIRT K6 Grind and Brew Coffee Maker are not only easy to use but also always delicious because of its customizable grind!
- Hauswirt, the revolutionary K6 Automatic Grind and Brew Coffee Maker will revolutionize your mornings. You’ll enjoy every cup of coffee brewed to perfection with its stainless steel grind chamber and double filter cartridge and 30 oz 2-6 cups glass carafe.
- Plus this machine features a water control system that we built just for you, so we can adjust how much ground coffee goes into each pot. You’ll never have to worry about darkly roasted beans making your espresso shots bitter again!
13. Smeg DCF02PBUS 50’s Retro Style Drip Filter Coffee Maker
- This bundle includes the Smeg DCF02US 50’s Retro Style Drip Filter Coffee Maker and the Smeg CGF01US coffee grinder. Designed for professionals, this drip coffee maker is equipped with a glass carafe that allows you to brew up to 10 cups of coffee at once! Add some individuality by choosing from five different colors- silver, ivory, green apple, brown sugar, or turquoise blue.
- This sleek and colorful drip coffee maker is ideal for those who enjoy their morning cup of java. The Smeg DCF02PBUS 50’s Retro Style Drip Filter Coffee Maker isn’t just a fun and funky way to brew your favorite beverage, it also features a built-in grinder with 350g capacity and an easy-to-remove container system that allows you to use any ground coffee beans or coffee power – we recommend Illy. Brews up to 13 cups (3L) at once, perfect for brewing large batches before heading off to work!
14. Keurig K-Duo Plus Coffee Maker, Single Serve and 12-Cup Carafe Drip Coffee Brewer
- The Keurig K-Duo Plus coffee maker is the modern water-boiler that makes it easy to brew both single cups and carafes. Rocking features like an advanced programmable timer, show off 8 different cup sizes with thermal carafe, and never be without pods or grounds thanks to 12 cups ground coffee filter included in each package!
- Lightweight aluminum machine design for your kitchen counter; Brew one beverage at a time with varying sizes (6oz, 8oz, 10oz, 12oz) of no mess cups) or make two beverages simultaneously (carafe or pod-based); If you need more than just coffee/tea this morning then choose either the programmed timer up to 4 hours which indicates.
- With the Keurig K-Duo Plus Coffee Maker, your mornings will be easier. Enjoy coffee in any way you like with this adjustable brewer. Easily brew either single-serve cups or a large carafe at the time of day or night that works best for you. You can even set it to brew convenient, fresh coffee before you wake up by programming it ahead of time. Your next cup is just seconds away!
15. KitchenAid KCM1208DG Spiral Showerhead 12 Cup Drip Coffee Maker
- The KitchenAid KCM1208DG Spiral Showerhead coffee maker is a one-of-a-kind appliance. The fully customizable system lets you customize the filter to your preferred strength, size of drip, or how long it takes for brewed coffee to dispense so you get the perfect cup of coffee every time. This contemporary-looking machine also features an elegant silver-tone with gold highlights that will brighten up any kitchen countertop!
- The water tank has an ample 12 cups for family needs and the removable container at the front helps you minimize spills while still having easy access when brewing individual servings. The unique 29-hole showerhead surrounding its spiral spray evenly saturates ground coffee in order to extract optimal flavor without overborrowing or under brew.
- The KitchenAid KCM1208DG Spiral Showerhead 12 Cup Drip Coffee Maker is an innovative multi-brewer with a compact design that will fit well in any kitchen.
- It also features a warming plate to keep your coffee at the perfect temperature for up to 2 hours, as well as two brew buttons (side, front) to place the brewer anyway you like on the countertop and prevent drips and messes from covering your counters/coffee table.
- With this product’s creative spout design on the glass carafe, you can enjoy one of life’s greatest pleasures without fear of spills or wasted time cleaning up after yourself.
Why Choose a Drip Coffee Maker?
A lot of reasons! There are so many types and models available to choose from that the choice of what type to get might be confusing.
1. Makes excellent coffee
There is no doubt about it, drip coffee maker makes an excellent cup of coffee. It extracts all the flavor goodness out of your ground beans and lets you enjoy a delicious rich-flavored cup every time. If you are not keen on how hot or strong your java is, there are some machines that let you control both at the same time plus more features like pause function which can let you grab a quick serving before continuing on with the brewing cycle.
2. Affordable prices
You don’t need to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars to get yourself one (well perhaps if you want something really fancy). Drip coffee makers range from $25 for entry-level models up to $200 which is what most people would consider as expensive. You can find some very affordable brands at half the price of their more popular counterparts and still do a great job in making tasty coffee.
3. Variety of models available
You can get an automatic drip machine or just a normal one that you have to manually switch on and off yourself with the flick of a button or handle respectively. The perks of using an automatic model are that it saves you time and effort during morning rush hours and many come with modern features like timers and programmable functions so you don’t even need to be present when your coffee is done brewing or maintain those filters if needed. There are also single cup and carafe models and you can choose between glass, metal, and plastic filter baskets.
4. Easy to use and clean up
Drip coffee makers are easy to operate as there is no rocket science involved in getting them to work. Simply pour water into the reservoir, add ground beans in the filter basket (some may require pre-measuring), press a few buttons or levers depending on what type of machine you have, and voila! You can also rinse off excess coffee grounds after brewing if using a manual model by running some plain tap water through the machine’s spout. It really doesn’t get any simpler than that and your coffee will be ready within minutes – just follow safety instructions when doing so though. Just one word of caution, always uses fresh cold water in your machine to ensure optimum flavor.
5. Reduces wastage and eliminates daily trips to Starbucks or a local coffeehouse
Think about how much money you spend on buying a cup of coffee every day when you can simply make it yourself right at home for less? Even if you drink just one cup per day, it will still save you an average of $1,092 each year or more if you opt for the cheapest ones instead of the least expensive brands! Depending on where you buy your coffee from (and even whether it is instant), this “poor man’s drink” costs around $0.50-$3 per cup which is way cheaper than what others are paying for something that they can make using a drip machine.
6. Easy to clean and maintain
It only takes a few seconds to rinse off leftover grinds from the filter basket, no need for expensive cleaners! All you need is some dishwashing liquid and scrubber depending on what type of material your coffee maker is made from plus a sponge or wet cloth for wiping it down afterward, that’s it! You can also use vinegar as an alternative if required but be sure not to leave excess moisture after doing so as these machines are not waterproof. If you have a dedicated tray under your unit where spills can be collected, simply pick them up with paper towels and throw them away in your trash bin.
How to Choose the Best Drip Coffee Maker for You
There are so many coffee makers out there, ranging from single-serve machines to the best drip coffee maker. The following features will help you determine which one is right for your household:
As always, it’s important to determine your budget before making a purchase. Check the prices on Amazon and compare them with other retailers in your area to make sure that you’re getting the best deal possible. You can also use our price comparison tool for this purpose.
How many cups do you usually need? If it’s just one or two, then choose a single-serve coffee machine. If there are four or more people in your household, look for a standard drip coffee maker with at least 10 cup capacity (if not an even bigger one).
For convenience, it’s best to look for a machine that allows you to schedule when the coffee will be made. Some also have a “pause and serve” feature in case you want a cup in the middle of the brewing cycle. Another feature is called an auto-shut-off function, which turns off your unit after a certain time period so that it doesn’t burn your coffee.
Some drip brewers come with their own grinder. Others offer options for tea or hot chocolate preparation. Still, others allow you to make specialty beverages such as cappuccinos and lattes with frothed milk. Check customer reviews on Amazon before making your decision, since these features may not be as useful or they may be more trouble than they’re worth.
Think about where you want to place your coffee machine – is there enough counter space? Will it fit underneath the upper cabinets? If not, look for a model that has cordless features so you can keep it close to an outlet without having excess cords lying around. Units with nonstick finishes are also easier to clean.
This feature prevents spills when the carafe is removed from its base. Unfortunately, some units have this function but do not mention it in their product descriptions online. Be sure to check the customer reviews on Amazon before making your purchase to see if users complain about this problem (and how much damage has been done).
A simple indicator light on your unit will let you know when it needs to be cleaned. Also, look for features that allow the carafe to be removed from the machine easily so that it can go in the dishwasher.
The best drip coffee maker should have a warranty of at least one year, although most offer two years or more.
We’ve provided a list of 15 top-rated drip coffee makers to help you find the perfect one for your home. Whether you need an inexpensive machine or want something with all the bells and whistles, we have options that will suit any budget. Don’t forget to check out our buying guide below before making your final decision!