While cooking rice onto a cooktop is not complex, it will need precision and attention. A Japanese rice cooker may make preparing rice easy and worry-free without a boiled-over pot of burnt rice. Even though the rice cooker does its own function, your time will be freed up to cook the remainder of the meal without diversion.
There are various kinds of pots using various cooking methods to select from, however, one piece of information is to pick the rice cooker which uses Japanese cooking procedures. With special therapy techniques coming in your hometown of these convenient pots, your rice dish is going to be light and fluffy and sticky nor too distinct. Below we’ll give you the 15 best Japanese rice cookers acceptable for different requirements.
- List Of 15 Best Japanese Rice Cooker Reviews
- 1. CHEF iQ World’s Smartest Pressure Cooker
- 2. Zojirushi NS-TSC10 5-1/2-Cup Micom Rice Cooker and Warmer
- 3. Tiger JNP-1000-FL 5.5-Cup Rice Cooker and Warmer
- 4. COMFEE’ 5.2Qt Asian Style Programmable All-in-1 Multi Cooker
- 5. Zojirushi NS-WAC10-WD 5.5-Cup (Uncooked) Micom Rice Cooker
- 6. Panasonic SR-G06FGL Rice, Steamer & Multi-Cooker
- 7. Zojirushi NP-HCC10XH Induction Heating System Rice Cooker
- 8. Panasonic 5 Cup (Uncooked) Japanese Rice Cooker
- 9. TIGER JBV-A10U 5.5-Cup (Uncooked) Micom Rice Cooker
- 10. Tiger JNP-S10U-HU 5.5-Cup (Uncooked) Rice Cooker and Warmer
- 11. Zojirushi NS-RPC18FJ Rice Cooker and Warmer
- 12. Panasonic 5 Cup (Uncooked) Rice Cooker
- 13. Aroma Housewares 20 Cup Cooked Digital Rice Cooker
- 14. Toshiba TRCS01 Cooker 6 Cups Uncooked (3L)
- 15. Moosum Rice Cooker Small
- Buying Guide for the Best Japanese Rice Cooker
- How to use a Japanese Rice Cooker
- Frequently Asked Questions
List Of 15 Best Japanese Rice Cooker Reviews
1. CHEF iQ World’s Smartest Pressure Cooker
- With an iOS or Android mobile, users can get over 300 cooking presets to make delicious meals, such as beef, poultry, rice, veggies, and much more. Chef iQ has made a stylish cooker having an inner scale to weigh items efficiently.
- Download the Chef iQ program to get over a hundred recipes, such as ones for cooking rice completely. It holds up to 6 quarts and contains three automatic steam discharge choices.
- This cooker includes a steam rack and steam basket plus a nonstick inner pot which makes it simple to clean up after each meal.
2. Zojirushi NS-TSC10 5-1/2-Cup Micom Rice Cooker and Warmer
- This Japanese rice cooker includes exceptional temperature control. The rice inside will probably get hardened in a couple of hours if you leave it in a microprocessor rice cooker. Nonetheless, these IH rice cookers may continue to keep the softness for 30 hours by controlling the temperature.
- The temperature sensor in the base of the cooker judges the ideal heat level to prevent the moisture of their rice from moving away. There are 3 choices to pick from Urutsuya (prevents discoloration, dryness, and odor ) and High (retains the warmth to the point at which you generally consume ).
- Aside from cooking rice, you will find choices for baking bread known as”bread (fermentation/bake)” and, “cake ” in which you can bake yummy fluffy cakes. There’s a massive array of items you can cook.
3. Tiger JNP-1000-FL 5.5-Cup Rice Cooker and Warmer
- This Tiger fresh rice cooker was every rice enthusiast’s favorite and contains excellent proven results and excellent reviews because of the time it’s been introduced. In addition, it includes a fairly unique floral design which makes it stand out. This rice cooker is my own personal favorite only because is really visually attractive.
- The package includes a measuring cup and spatula together with a detachable and washable steam port. The 5.5 cups rice cooking system is excellent for a family of 5-6 members and is accompanied by an automatic stay warm feature to keep your rice warm and refreshing.
- The stainless steel bowl guarantees appropriate even cooking of rice along. The rice cooker’s stay warm feature ensures that you get fine, sexy, salty dishes whenever You’re ready to consume.
4. COMFEE’ 5.2Qt Asian Style Programmable All-in-1 Multi Cooker
- The Comfee’ 10-cup Japanese rice cooker has the looks and features of a luxury version but at a far more approachable cost. Additionally, the 10-cup capability makes it large enough to feed large collections.
- This cooker has a preference for virtually any sort of rice which you may want to create in addition to modes to cook, saute, bake, steam, or create yogurt. This makes this a multitasker which may possibly replace a lot of other smallish appliances.
- With all these configurations (17 in all) that the Comfee’ rice cooker is not as intuitive to work with as my finest overall selection, and sad to say, the documentation does not provide a good deal of detail for every cooking style.
- The nonstick inner pot has helpful dimension markers and the entire issue is simple to wash without having to use the countertops. Even though the bowl is dishwasher safe in the event necessary.
5. Zojirushi NS-WAC10-WD 5.5-Cup (Uncooked) Micom Rice Cooker
- This elegant-looking Japanese rice cooker has a dent-resistant plastic body. The LCD panel includes a cooker that’s rather friendly and simple to use for individuals of all ages. The adorable round-shaped outside will fit perfectly with the majority of the kitchen décor.
- The greatest selling point of the best Japanese rice cooker is its own fuzzy technology. Its inner cooking pan and also the heating system team around for you to provide perfectly cooked rice every time. The cooker provides multiple different cooking options like white/brown rice, sushi, sweet rice, porridge, rinse-free cooking.
- Many users said that these preset functions may cook brown rice. The most fascinating portion of the rice cooker is its own quick-cooking alternative. If you don’t have sufficient time to pause for about 30-40 minutes, then you are able to go with all the quick-cooking choices and have your meal prior to 25 minutes.
6. Panasonic SR-G06FGL Rice, Steamer & Multi-Cooker
- Speaking about the right Japanese rice cooker to understand how to use its additionally Panasonic SR-G06FGL. This merchandise from the famed Panasonic brand offers customers the easiest and most effective use at a very reasonable price. With this particular pot, you are able to know the initial actions to cook a tasty meal for your loved ones.
- The one thing you have to do on the SR-G06FGL to begin the cooking procedure is the front panel button. One swipe is a machine that can turn raw rice into appealing hot rice dishes. Nobody would like to utilize a difficult-to-use apparatus, experienced or not. So simplifying the management procedure really helps a lot for people that are learning how to use this useful device.
- Unlike a lot of regular pots using a closed lid, it’s hard for users to view the way the components are indoors. However, with the SR-G06FGL, you are able to do this justest. Perhaps for a lot of individuals, this can be a characteristic that isn’t so much, but it’s also interesting if you would like to know the way the pot impacts the rice. It’ll be a small experience if we do not know the phases to cook a tasty meal.
7. Zojirushi NP-HCC10XH Induction Heating System Rice Cooker
- This Zojirushi version utilizes induction heating (IH) for quicker, high-quality rice cooking. It does not matter what your tastes are. You will find cooking alternatives for white, vanilla, blended, sushi, sweet, brown, GABA brown, and porridge rice. The contained rice paddle, paddle holder, and measuring cup create preparing and serving a breeze.
- Despite having innovative IH technologies, this cooker is intended for cooking rice and porridge only. There aren’t any double cooking or slow cooker choices.
- The comprehensive nevertheless user-friendly LCD control panel allows you to personalize your cooking experience. You are able to extend the store warm time, specify a delay timer, select different sound signals, and much more. This 5.5-cup power cooker allows you to cook up to 11 cups of rice exactly how you would like it.
- There are just eight LCD panel controller buttons: menu, cancel, keep warm, extended keep warm, launch, timer, and two arrows to placing the clock and timer. The LCD display displays a timer or clock, and it suggests your chosen cooking purpose.
8. Panasonic 5 Cup (Uncooked) Japanese Rice Cooker
- The Panasonic SR-HZ106 5-cup (uncooked) rice cooker steamer with an induction heating system utilizes induction heat to warm a 7-layer inner cooking pan designed to reach and evenly cook each and every grain of rice and maintain essential nutrients.
- Panasonic has done it again by creating a reasonably priced version that comes packed with some fantastic features that enable consumers to get the absolute most from the best Japanese rice cooker.
- This version can steam vegetables, cook stews and soups, steam fish, and create a porridge. The comprised pot has a total of four layers of nonstick coating, which prevents food from adhering into the inside and makes cleanup a cinch.
- With induction technology, The inner cooking pan becomes the heat source, which is activated when coils within the bottom of the rice cooker generate a magnetic field that creates instant heat within the inner cooking pan.
9. TIGER JBV-A10U 5.5-Cup (Uncooked) Micom Rice Cooker
- This white guy is just another fantastic Japanese rice cooker that has grabbed a great deal of foodie’s love because of its exceptional functionality with its Chef-like cooking. JBV-A10U-W is this kind of version that Tiger Corporation has made simply to serve decent food, bad meals.
- The version occurs to function about 5.5 cups of rice which you are able to call a fairly good amount to function a miniature family. Therefore, you can mull overtaking the man as it could be referred to as a fantastic individual for cooking.
- The color has been cited because I have called it a white man. But to discuss its layout, well it looks very pretty in the color as it pertains in. Albeit there’s absolutely no LED screen on the panel however you will still get a few features that operate nicely with their own simplicity.
- There’s a function called ‘tacook’ to get Syncro cooking which functions to warm the rice and the principal dish at precisely the exact same moment. In case you’ve got a peek at their own tagline: One drive multiple surgeries, you may understand why they’ve maintained the layout so straightforward. But, you will find just three other settings for cooking which have the unit, which are Slow cooking, Brown rice, and Plain rice.
10. Tiger JNP-S10U-HU 5.5-Cup (Uncooked) Rice Cooker and Warmer
- The Tiger 5.5-Cup Rice Cooker is among the very classic rice cookers to come from Japan. Tiger has been fabricating this Tiger Rice Cooker And Warmer for a long time. It is a whole lot less high-tech compared to other products we advocate.
- In the long run, it will get the job done regularly. This also means that it is unbelievably user-friendly. There’s a non-stick inner pan along with a detachable and washable steam port. There’s a keep-warm function that will keep rice warm daily for up to 12 hours.
- This Tiger rice cooker cups in various sizes and colors, from stainless steel to some really classically Japanese white with pink blossoms. Sizes vary from three cups of raw rice. A three-cup alternative is a good alternative for a Japanese rice cooker.
- There are no settings to cook brown rice or another grain. That does not mean that you can not cook different things in there, it simply does not have the preferences to set it and forget it.
11. Zojirushi NS-RPC18FJ Rice Cooker and Warmer
- Whenever you’re particularly searching for a plastic Japanese rice cooker and don’t need something made from stainless steel, then this one is your ideal alternative. It’s a compact and gorgeous rice cooker that has a capacity of 1.8 liter or 10 cups.
- For many individuals, it’s the simplest to use since it merely contains single-touch control. But a few individuals could find it limiting due to the absence of choices.
- You may easily create rice in this one, and there is removable in a lid accessible. Overall it’s easy to clean and easy to deal with rice maker, and warmer but has Limited capabilities.
12. Panasonic 5 Cup (Uncooked) Rice Cooker
- If the exact straightforward and plain exterior is confusing you, don’t be! The Panasonic SR-DF101 5-Cup is only one more technological masterpiece in Japan.
- It is outfitted with strong fuzzy logic technology that permits your furry friend to create alterations in pressure, temperature, and time to make your rice perfect according to your taste. It won’t make mistakes, so all you have got to perform ditch the parts inside, push the button, and sit back.
- There aren’t any complex settings and surgeries involved rather it makes cooking much easier, thanks to Panasonic’s simple Coding design.
- This smart product involves a steam basket that lets you steam your vegetable or meat at precisely the exact same time you cook your rice beneath that conserves time. It features a measuring cup and a helping spatula.
13. Aroma Housewares 20 Cup Cooked Digital Rice Cooker
- This useful small rice cooker is full of fantastic features at a really affordable price. This version comes in many sizes, but it is unbelievably compact and weighs only 4.2 lbs. It could cook up to 8 cups of rice to feed the entire family.
- The Aroma rice cooker includes electronic controls which are simple to use. Choose between several apps such as steaming, browning, or even the keep-warm function.
- You may also make a cake inside this best Japanese rice cooker! The delay timer feature is very valuable for those who have busy schedules. Simply fill out the rice cooker in the morning and set the timer so that you may come home from work, course, or the fitness center to cooked rice.
14. Toshiba TRCS01 Cooker 6 Cups Uncooked (3L)
- Since the first manufacturer to introduce contemporary rice cookers to the planet, we can be certain that Toshiba is going to have a solution for even the most demanding users’ requirements. Indeed, fast merchandise to cook for active individuals but with great taste is among these. And the reply to this brand is your Toshiba TRCCS01.
- To grow the cooking capability of the bud, the maker also added two precious delay time mechanics. This really is the savior of active individuals as soon as it lets us cook rice and keep food warm.
- If you believe cooking fast will impact the taste of the rice, then you’re mistaken. The wise technology of this Toshiba rice cooker may correct the right heating for every cooking point from red to maintain the inherent deliciousness of these components. With some particular kinds of rice, for example, Basmati, this item will bring a lot better flavor than other kinds of baskets at precisely the exact same section.
- Even though it includes a quality non-stick, the capacity of this pot is inefficient for some components. For this reason, you have to decide on the ideal ingredients if you don’t wish to invest too much effort in the cleanup.
15. Moosum Rice Cooker Small
- The previous one on the list is just another one of those best Japanese rice cookers which will make soup and Sushi. It’s the automatic rice cooker that will aid with cooking. It has a capacity of 5 cups, and in addition, it’s a multifunctional rice cooker that allows you to acquire the best attributes.
- The fast and effortless setting of this timer, together with the automated settings, can allow you to acquire the yummy and ideal rice created in time. Additionally, this one includes a detachable inner pot which you may extract and wash easily.
Buying Guide for the Best Japanese Rice Cooker
Before beginning the search to find the very best Japanese rice cooker, then have a little time to contemplate how frequently you’re going to use it and what other approaches you can use it.
A notion of where it’ll be saved and used and how many times you’ll want it will provide you a clearer idea about what type of cooker you’re searching for.
Then consider features like type, ability, the stove’s substance, the cooking preferences it provides, its controllers, how simple it’s to wash, and also other ways it may be utilized.
Japanese rice cookers are generally made with a variety of sorts metals, such as aluminum and stainless steel. A couple of choices are made from plastic, but these generally have an inner kettle made out of thin, non-stick aluminum.
Fully stainless steel choices are thicker and constructed to last for decades, despite daily usage. Durable materials like stainless steel and aluminum are all essential to ensuring that the system lasts quite a while.
If you’re planning on using the rice cooker regularly, it may be best to put money into a totally metal option. While vinyl stoves are typically less expensive, they won’t survive so long as metal versions when used daily.
The very best Japanese rice cookers are measured by the number of cups of rice that they could cook. This number ranges from 3 cups to 16 cups. Though some can cook around 28 cups, these are infrequent and not as frequently utilized in a house setting.
Should you cook a small quantity of rice at one time, save space and discover a more compact version. But if you are intending to meal preparation, and possibly store additional rice in bento boxes, then a bigger model may be best.
When comparing versions, make certain to compare the exact same cup size dimensions. Some rice stoves refer to the cups cooked, while others will use raw measurements. This may get confusing when 10 cups of raw rice become 20 cups when cooked.
There are a couple of kinds of Japanese rice cookers which are usually used now. The first is that a traditional rice cooker, a very simple device using a heating component and an automatic shutoff to get as soon as the rice is prepared.
Then you will find microprocessor cookers, otherwise called electric rice cookers, which utilize programmable multi-sensors to cook any rice into its particular requirements. These replace the need for a number of dividers for various rice types and also remove all guesswork.
The user informs the machine which sort of rice to cook, and it’ll smartly cook it to perfection. Last, you will find induction rice cookers that use non-contact heating technology to cook the rice using radiofrequency electricity. These cook the rice heat from many directions, unlike many others using a heating element on the floor.
You will find as many cooking choices on rice cookers since there are forms of rice. The number of configurations can vary from two to 16. Some stoves have a”cook” and”warm” setting in which the machine will cook the rice keep it warm.
Others have a preference for every single form of rice, and a few even have configurations for cooking tastes like rice softness. How many customized preferences your rice cooker needs to have will depend on your requirements.
If all you want is white rice cooked perfectly each time, a normal Japanese rice cooker with 2 configurations will work well. But in case you and your family prefer to experiment and then cook several kinds of dishes and rice, then a more advanced choice may be the best way to go.
According to a couple of times over, Japanese rice cookers can vary from cooking rice to apparatus that could cook a broad assortment of foods. By way of instance, some devices can steam cook white rice, fast rice, whole grain, hot cereals, soups, beans, and some pasta dishes.
All these often pressure stove apparatuses have lots of cooking controls and preferences. These are normally on the costlier side than rice cookers, but they are able to serve more than one function from the kitchen. For anyone who has limited space that wants to maximize every single kitchen appliance, then these are perfect.
A number of people may not have the ability to use chopsticks very well, however, with precise controls, we could cook the rice completely. Most Japanese rice cookers have knobs that consumers turn to inform the cooker which kind of rice has been cooked or the best way to cook it.
More advanced versions use LED displays and many buttons to define cooking rice and times kinds. As more technology was developed, you will find even more innovative options, like stoves that relate to mobile device apps through Wi-Fi so consumers may cook, and keep rice warm, from their telephones.
Each one of these options permits the rice to be cooked to perfect specifications, however, the perfect choice is dependent upon how much flexibility users want.
Ease of Cleaning
The very best Japanese rice cookers include a removable pot using a non-stick coating to make cleaning a cinch. All users must do is take the bud, wash it with water and soap, then wipe the lid out.
Some rice cooker apparatus possess self-cleaning steam choices which make it effortless to wash and purge the rice cooker.
Because rice cookers absolutely cook rice and won’t burn it, it is unlikely you will ever need to scratch burnt bits after use as you want if a kettle boiled over to the stovetop.
Most Japanese rice cooker makers include measuring cups using the cooker to guarantee the appliances are utilized properly. They’ll recommend you simply use the cup that’s included to quantify and fill out the cooker.
This is due to the fact that the cooker was made to cook rice in accordance with the particular measurements of the cup. While it might look simple to use your favorite house measuring cup, these may at times be somewhat different from the one supplied and may create the rice to not be cooked in addition to usual.
Furthermore, many rice cookers include a mixing paddle. The form and dimensions of those paddles are best for stirring and serving rice. If you do not have your own at home, it may be a superb idea to obtain an alternative which comes with you.
How to use a Japanese Rice Cooker
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which would be the very best rice cooker in the marketplace?
Our recommendation is that the Zojirushi Micom 3-Cup (NS-LAC05XT) rice cooker. It’s high-tech and diverse functions to fulfill user preferences. Our purchasing guide may further help you with additional details.
2. What are the prices of rice cookers?
You are going to have the ability to acquire a well-built rice cooker for under 15 dollars. Should you would like to bring some small bucks to your pocket, then you can find some more attributes within 40 bucks. There are numerous great rice cookers out there for approximately 150 bucks. Thus you need to go to find the one which matches your budget.
3. What are the good brands of rice cookers?
Zojirushi is one of the most well-known manufacturers of Japanese rice cookers. Aside from the brand, you will find other fantastic manufacturers such as Tiger Corporation, Aroma Housewares, etc.
4. Is Japanese rice exactly like sticky rice?
Sticky rice is just one special kind of Japanese rice. In Japan, sticky rice is known as mochigome – this means sweet rice or ‘glutinous rice’. The major word for Japanese rice is uruchimai – that is normal Japanese rice that is used for regular dishes.
5. Can you make porridge in a rice cooker?
Yes, you can make porridge at a rice cooker too. Apart from porridge, you may pick another kind of rice choice, and you also can steam many other edibles from the rice cooker too. If you’re fond of quinoa, you are able to make it in there too.
The very best Japanese rice cooker may manage regular, daily usage. It should also come packed with preset choices which will permit you to cook various kinds of rice, fast and perfectly. But regrettably, not all the rice cookers are made equal, and that’s why we made it our mission to critique a few of the top models and narrow it down into the top five versions which are intended to survive.
All the best Japanese rice cooker that made it to our listing aren’t just durable, but they are also designed to handle heavy usage, supply an intuitive layout that makes them more beginner-friendly, and features many different cooking options which can make it easy for you to place it and forget for the form of complete hands-off rice cooking experience that many users are searching for.