Many of us have had the chance to use ice makers in our freezer and fridge combination. There are also those who make ice using ice trays, a tub, or some other container to keep the ice from melting. Nugget ice makers are the new trend, regardless of what experience you have had with ice-making.
Nugget ice, a rare and delicious type of ice, is available. Nugget ice is commonly known as the “chewy ice at Sonic”, but it simply enhances your drinking experience. It can cool down your drink faster, reduces the amount of liquid in your drink, and is very tasty to eat. We’ll be reviewing the best nugget ice makers and letting you know if they live up to your claims.
- Nugget Ice Makers vs Sonic Ice Makers
- What is Nugget / Sonic Ice?
- Benefits of the Nugget Ice Maker
- List Of 15 Best Nugget Ice Maker Reviews
- 1. Manitowoc RNS-0244A Nugget Ice Maker
- 2. GE Profile Opal | Countertop Nugget Ice Maker
- 3. Prime Home Direct Counter Top Ice Maker
- 4. NewAir Nugget Ice Maker
- 5. Opal Countertop Nugget Ice Maker
- 6. Linsion Commercial Ice Machine 100lbs/24h
- 7. Manitowoc CNF-0201A-L Nugget Ice Maker
- 8. Frigidaire Counter top Portable Nugget Ice Maker
- 9. KBice Self Dispensing Countertop Nugget Ice Maker
- 10. VIVOHOME Stainless Steel Electric Portable Compact Countertop Automatic Ice Cube Maker
- 11. Scotsman UN1520A-1 20-Inch Air-Cooled Nugget Undercounter Ice Maker
- 12. IKICH Portable Ice Maker
- 13. Costzon Commercial Ice Maker
- 14. AGLUCKY Counter top Ice Maker Machine
- 15. Igloo ICEB26WH Automatic Portable Electric Countertop Ice Maker
- Buying Guide for the Best Nugget Ice Maker
Nugget Ice Makers vs Sonic Ice Makers
Sonic ice and Nugget ice are the same. However, Sonic ice is a trademark so “Nugget” or “Pellet” are terms used by companies to describe this type of ice.
This ice is not to be confused with crushed. Crushed ice can also be used to quickly chill drinks, but the process of making it is entirely different.
Crushed ice is made up of large cubes of ice that have been broken down into smaller pieces and flakes. The Nugget ice machine works in a different way. These machines make ice by freezing ice flakes in layers and freezing them together. The nuggets are able to form tiny pockets of air through this process. This results in a soft texture that is more easily ingested.
What is Nugget / Sonic Ice?
There are many small pleasures that you can enjoy in life. One of these is chewing ice after a refreshing drink. It’s almost like eating dessert after a great meal. The perfect ice must be small, crunchy, and easy to chew to not hurt your teeth. This is where nuggets ice comes in. Nugget ice is a small lump made from a lot of ice flakes. It looks similar to regular crushed ice at first, but it is soft and easy for you to chew. Sonic, an American fast-food chain, popularized it. Sonic ice is also known as Sonic ice.
Sonic is well-known for soft, chewy ice. Many customers stop by the store to get cups or bags. This is a long-standing tradition. However, they didn’t create nuggets of ice – even though they knew how to make a profit.
Scotsman Ice Systems, which was founded in 1981, invented the first nugget-ice maker. They offer many options for ice making, including sonic ice machines. Although it is not common to find pellet ice in restaurants and houses, you may have seen it at other establishments. Because of its softness, bartenders and ice-chewers love it.
Benefits of the Nugget Ice Maker
Getting the best nugget ice maker is easier when you know what to look out for and how to go about it. If you are wondering how you could get the best nugget ice machine, we have in this section, a list of a few things that you need to take note of when you are out shopping for the best nugget ice maker:
Ease of use
Some ice-making machine features indicators lights, alarms and other buttons that are easy to use. Others require more complex operations. You don’t need to be tech-savvy if you want an ice maker that you can operate yourself.
This is an important aspect to consider when selecting the best nugget-ice maker. Some ice makers can be heavier and larger than others. A stationary icemaker is fine, but you will need to transport your icemaker around.
Nugget or cube maker
The type of ice that you like will also affect your choice of an icemaker. There are a variety of machines that make nugget ice. Others make sonic, while others make both. They have different textures. Although sonic ice can be as hard as a rock, the nugget is soft and fine, making it almost impossible to distinguish between the two. You should also note that nugget is more likely to melt faster than sonic, while sonic generally lasts for longer.
Ice making capacity
Ice-making capacities vary between ice-making machines. Some machines make more ice per day than others. If you enjoy hosting parties or entertaining a lot of people, you might consider an ice machine with a fast and large ice-making capability of up to 50 lbs. In less than 24 hours.
Ice-making machines can come in a variety of shapes and colors. Some are covered in stainless steel, while others have red and blue covers. This is your choice. Choose an icemaker that matches your home and appeals to what you like the most.
Another important thing to pay attention to is the price tag for an icemaker. While some ice makers may be more expensive than others, this does not necessarily make them less good. We recommend that you find an icemaker with fair-enough quality and within your budget.
List Of 15 Best Nugget Ice Maker Reviews
1. Manitowoc RNS-0244A Nugget Ice Maker
- It can make up to 172 lbs of nuggets ice per day and can store up to 40 lbs of ice in its bin. Although the bin capacity is smaller than that of the Snooker machine’s, it should still be sufficient for most uses. Manitowoc also offers machines with a higher production capacity like 300 pounds.
- The RNS-0244A pearl maker is smaller than the Snooker machine. It is 33-3/16 inches high, which is the same height as Ice-O-Matic and Scotsman units. The Manitowoc machine is 3-4″ deeper than the models reviewed, so you will need a deeper countertop in order to install it in your work area.
- The RNS-0244A commercial Sonic Ice machine has a sliding door, rather than swinging open. This allows for more space. This will make it easier to open the unit in tight spaces. RNS-0244A is a very expensive nugget ice maker. However, it also has a strong-duty stainless steel construction that resists corrosion. Although it is advertised as an outdoor ice maker, Manitowoc does not claim that this model is suitable.
2. GE Profile Opal | Countertop Nugget Ice Maker
- It measures 7.5×13.43×16.5 inches and is small enough to fit in a household. It’s also one of the very few household icemakers that makes nugget ice.
- The ice bin can hold 3 lbs of nuggets ice and produces up to 24 lbs per day. Each cycle takes around 20 minutes. It can be activated either physically or via Bluetooth (with an app).
- This ice machine comes with a 1-year warranty from GE. Register your product immediately through the GE website if you choose to go this route. This way, you are covered in the event of an emergency.
3. Prime Home Direct Counter Top Ice Maker
- This nugget portable ice machine is a great choice if you are looking for a low-cost, high-quality product. This portable ice maker makes excellent nugget ice, and it is highly rated.
- The nugget maker can make a batch of ice in as little as 8 minutes. Although it can make 26 pounds of ice in a single day, it is not clear how many.
- The machine is small and portable, so it can be taken with you wherever you go.
- These smart features are built into the ice maker. The ice maker is not designed to overflow. It will shut off automatically if it reaches full. It is quiet and efficient during operation. You will find a basket and an ice scoop included.
4. NewAir Nugget Ice Maker
- The NewAir Sonic Ice Maker’s fastest speed is one of my favorites. You can have your first batch ready in a matter of minutes. This ice maker is one of the fastest on the market.
- While other nugget ice makers can take up to 20 minutes to make, the NewAir impressed me by making the first batch in 5 minutes. This is due to the high-power cooling system that NewAir used in their icemaker, which makes it more efficient than any other nugget maker.
- There is also a self-cleaning feature and water recycling to make any unused ice available for freezing again. You don’t need to worry about the icemaker being on too long.
- The NewAir ice maker is very simple to use. The NewAir ice maker is compact and efficient, simple to clean and use. The front has only two red lights and one power switch.
- There are no dials or other buttons. You can turn it on and off. The one light indicates when the icemaker is full and the other when it has run dry. The lid of the ice maker has a small transparent panel that lets you see how much ice you have left.
5. Opal Countertop Nugget Ice Maker
- FirstBuild is a well-known name in home appliance manufacturing. This is why we chose it as our top choice for the best nugget ice maker. This unit is made of stainless steel and has a sophisticated look. You can see through the glass window how full your ice bin is, without needing to check it again.
- The Opal 01 has an indicator light that blinks when water is low, so you don’t have to manually check your water reserves. It is extremely small and can be placed on countertops.
- It can produce up to 24 lbs despite its small size. It can produce up to 24 lbs of ice per day and has a storage volume of 3 lbs. This makes it ideal for small parties or daily use during the summer months. The FirstBuild app can also control the remote operation feature.
- The easy-to-use features enable automatic ice production and the recycling of meltwater. You don’t need to worry about ice overloads and puddles of liquid. Now you can have ice whenever you want it.
6. Linsion Commercial Ice Machine 100lbs/24h
- This LINSION is the best option for your business, whether it’s a coffee shop, restaurant, or bar. This LINION is a great tool for making ice cubes quickly and easily in 12-18 minutes. It also comes with a small container that can be used to fill small soft drink bottles.
- The Linsion Commercial Ice Maker is also multi-taskable. All you have to do is install the pipe correctly. It is also made of high-quality material, which makes it durable for long-term use. This LINSION product is suitable for your finances and will help your business grow significantly.
7. Manitowoc CNF-0201A-L Nugget Ice Maker
- Manitowoc offers ice makers with larger capacities. This ice maker/water dispenser can be used in small offices or large families. The nugget ice maker can be used on its own or placed on top of the counter. There is enough space for you to breathe.
- This stainless steel ice maker also has an internal condenser. This machine has LED indicators and a water replenishment alarm that lets you know when it is in need of attention. The auto-defrost feature ensures that it doesn’t freeze, but you will need to clean it.
- The built-in water dispenser provides ice-cold water when you need it. The lever-activated ice dispenser makes it easy to use and requires no scooping. With its large storage capacity, you can fill your cooler. Manitowoc’s ice machine can make up to 315 pounds of ice in just 24 hours. You can store enough ice in a 10lb bin to last you most of the day.
8. Frigidaire Counter top Portable Nugget Ice Maker
- This machine is small and portable. It’s also very affordable. It is 17 pounds in weight and can produce up to 26 lbs. It can produce up to 26 lbs of ice per day. This is sufficient for a family, but not enough for large parties. The Frigidaire Nugget Ice Maker has a beautiful design. It comes with a transparent lid so that you can see what is happening inside.
- Frigidaire’s portable, freestanding icemakers have finally arrived on the market. You can choose from a variety of sizes, colors, and finishes that will seamlessly fit into your existing decor. These models have durable exteriors and see-through windows.
9. KBice Self Dispensing Countertop Nugget Ice Maker
- KBIce Countertop Nugget ice Maker is a self-dispensing ice maker that delivers ice straight to your glass. If the scoop falls out, you don’t need to worry about storing it or having ice everywhere.
- The best part is that this self-dispensing machine is very easy to use. The buttons are easy to understand: clean, make and dispense. It’s simple to add ice to your drink when you are ready. There are no water hookups required. Add water to make ice, then press the start button. It’s as easy as that!
- This ice maker is ideal for those who don’t require a lot of ice at once. It only holds 1 lb. There is 1 lb of ice per bin. The KBIce Countertop Nuggetice Maker is a portable ice maker that makes excellent nugget ice. The company also offers 1-year parts and labor warranty in case anything goes wrong.
10. VIVOHOME Stainless Steel Electric Portable Compact Countertop Automatic Ice Cube Maker
- The VIVOHOME Portable Ice Maker does not make the best nuggets ice maker, as it is similar to the IKICH. The VIVOHOME and IKICH ice machines are great if you’re looking for chewable ice.
- Because of its small size and lightweight, we chose it to be our top choice for portability. It is lightweight at just 21 pounds so you can easily move around with it. It can be used in an RV, boat, or on the camping grounds.
- Simply turn the machine on/off, select the ice size you prefer and need from the control panel. Automatic overflow protection ensures that there will never be any mess or ice tray issues.
- A compressor cooling system is used to ensure quiet operation. The top lid has a full-view window that allows for process monitoring and ice level checking.
11. Scotsman UN1520A-1 20-Inch Air-Cooled Nugget Undercounter Ice Maker
- This nugget ice maker measures only 20 inches in width. With the use of a floor mounting kit and the air vents located in the front, the machine can be mounted under 34 inch ADA countertops.
- The slide-back door has an ergonomic design and provides adjustable legs, ice scoops, a power cord, and Nema 5-15P plug.
- This unit is built to last. The auger and the evaporator are both made from stainless steel. Side panels are made of an aluminum alloy that is resistant to corrosion. The unit’s front panel is corrosion-resistant and heavy-duty, which adds years to its life expectancy.
- This air-cooled, under-counter nugget maker is intended to safeguard the health of both people and the planet. It conforms to the US Safe Drinking Act’s low lead requirements and is energy-star compliant. It is also eco-friendly, as an R-134a refrigerant.
12. IKICH Portable Ice Maker
- This transparent channel allows you to see the ice in your ice basket without opening the lid. It is very resistant to stains and easy to clean.
- The nugget ice maker also has 2 infrared sensors, which notify you when the water reservoir is empty and when the ice tray is full. Once the ice basket has reached its maximum capacity, the ice maker will stop. This allows you to refill your water reservoir and collect the processed ice.
- It is simple and fast to use. The machine can produce large or small-sized ice, depending on your preference. The machine produces 9 bullet-shaped ice cubes in just 6 minutes and weighs 28 lbs. It can produce a total of 9 pieces of bullet-shaped ice cubes in 6 minutes.
- The machine must be disconnected from an electric source and then emptied. You can wipe the machine clean with a damp towel and let it dry. The machine also has a drain plug, which allows you to drain and clean it easily.
- The IKICH Portable Ice Maker is small enough to fit in your pocket, even if you have a lot of space. This machine would look great on your countertop.
- A quiet machine that produces powerful results: The machine has a built-in spoiler to reduce unnecessary noise. This machine is quiet and produces excellent results without making as much noise as regular machines.
13. Costzon Commercial Ice Maker
- If you are looking for a machine that can make ice fast, this is the best nugget ice maker for you. This ice machine will give you an impressive and outstanding ice making capacity.
- In just 12 minutes, it can make 48 ice cubes. It can hold 110 lbs of ice for 24 hours. This machine is a great assistant for coffee shops and beverage shops.
- You can also place the machine wherever you like. The product is made from premium quality stainless steel and has a longer service life. It also requires less repair. This machine is energy-efficient, which is another plus.
14. AGLUCKY Counter top Ice Maker Machine
- Next, we have a sleek and red option. You can choose from black or stainless steel if you don’t love red. This makes bullet ice, but it is very similar to nugget-ice. It is small, chewable, and airy as nugget-ice.
- The nugget ice maker can be placed on the countertop and is compact and portable. It is lightweight, so it can be easily moved around or carried to where you need it.
- The fan design with an open space allows for airflow, making this model both quiet and efficient. Each batch can hold approximately 26 pounds of ice and takes only 8 minutes.
- The cooling system keeps the nuggets cold inside the bin. This makes your ice last longer and saves energy. You can see through the clear door and indicators. It is simple to use and can be adjusted according to your needs.
15. Igloo ICEB26WH Automatic Portable Electric Countertop Ice Maker
- IGLOO’s compact design makes it the ideal choice for families with 2 or 3 members. It can be seen how it makes ice cubes. The lid also features an LED indicator light and a stylish control panel. This allows you to know when the ice has reached its maximum storage capacity.
- This unit can make 26 pounds of ice per day and can be made in just 7 minutes. The viewing window lets you see the ice is formed and the 2-pound ice container ensures that there is enough space for all your beverages.
- You can choose between small and large ice cube sizes. The panel also lets you know when water should be added and how full the ice basket is. Ideal for pool parties, office parties, dorm rooms, and other occasions.
Buying Guide for the Best Nugget Ice Maker
As with all home appliances, you should perform some inspections before buying a nugget ice maker. This article will discuss the features of nuggets ice, how they are made and how a machine that makes them work. We will be discussing some factors to consider before buying the unit in the next lines.
Ice Quality & Size
When buying an icemaker, the most important thing is to ensure that you get high-quality ice. Even though portable ice makers can produce high-speed ice, they don’t make the best nugget ice maker.
The countertop or commercial under-counter models are more expensive but will produce the best sonic ice. They are slightly more expensive, but they make the perfect nugget-ice with the right consistency.
The size of the ice maker and the type of machine chosen will affect its production capacity. Smaller ice machines with 26 lbs of production per day are best for domestic use.
Businesses require an ice maker with a greater production capacity. Companies should choose larger units that can produce around 85 lbs to meet their daily ice requirements.
Again, storage capacity is dependent on how much you use it and the size of the unit. Smaller ice machines that are easily portable can be filled in ten minutes. Larger units can hold 26 lbs. of ice.
Remember that once your ice bin is full, ice production ceases. If you’re looking for ice to make smaller gatherings, but want to save electricity and water, then small ice makers might be the right choice.
Easy To Use And Clean
It is not a good idea to spend a lot of money on a complex machine that you have trouble understanding how to use. Many nugget ice makers, large and small, are easy to use. It may be more difficult to use machines that have additional features, such as size options and ice types.
The ease of cleaning is another important aspect to consider when purchasing an ice maker. Water recycling systems that are built into ice machines can save you time and effort by not having to drain the machine or install a drainage system.
Size Of Unit
It is important to consider the space you intend to place the unit. You might be attracted to a large machine, but you may not have enough room in your kitchen. Portability is also influenced by the size of the unit. A smaller unit will be easier to move.
Ice makers aren’t meant to last forever. However, it’s not worth spending so much on a machine that stops working or breaks down after a while.
Make sure you choose a machine made from stronger materials that won’t easily break when you move it around. Make sure that the storage bin material can withstand the heavyweight of large amounts of ice.
The majority of sonic ice makers are portable and small. Even better, most ice makers can produce two sizes of ice. The larger commercial sonic ice maker models are more difficult to transport. They require water and drainage systems that are well-maintained. Moving them can be difficult.
Large commercial ice machines can be used in both residential and industrial settings and can make different types of ice. We recommend purchasing a portable, smaller ice maker if you plan to take your machine with you. You can also buy a larger unit if you wish to purchase an ice machine that you can use later in a cafe that you plan to open.
Installation & Setup
The machine’s size can affect the installation process. The portable ice machines don’t require any installation and can be used immediately. You just need to plug them into a power source, and then fill the water reservoir. For larger units, you will need to install a water line and a drainage system.
Cost & Warranty
You can spend anywhere from $200 to $5000 depending on which type of sonic ice maker you choose. Although they are usually less expensive, smaller units can produce lower-quality ice and have a smaller storage and production capacity. Although more expensive, larger units have larger ice bins and a higher production speed.
It is important to consider the warranty when buying an ice maker. Ice makers can be expensive so knowing they will last for a long time can help you relax. You can get an extended warranty for smaller units, but they won’t last longer than two years.
1. How can you prevent sonic ice freezing?
The ice bins of sonic-ice-makers don’t have refrigeration to keep the ice soft. This prevents the ice from becoming too hard or sticky to chew and ensures it doesn’t freeze.
2. Can nugget ice be used in mixed drinks?
You can use nugget ice for any cold drinks. Because the nuggets have a smaller size, they are easier to blend. Nugget ice is slow to dissolve and absorbs the flavor of the drink. They keep the drink cool and make the drinker happy.
3. Where can I buy Sonic Ice Machines?
Amazon is the most well-known online retailer that sells sonic ice machines. Because of its wide selection and ease of return and receipt, Amazon is the most popular online retailer. A portable sonic-ice machine can be purchased at an electronics shop near you.
4. What makes nugget ice so delicious?
Nugget Ice is great because it’s chewable, made from compacting ice flakes, and has air pockets. It is also able to absorb the taste of liquids, making it very likable. When chewed, the nugget ice doesn’t cause any harm and it does not chill the mouth as much as the ice cubes.
5. What Are the Advantages of Portable Ice Makers?
Portable Sonic Ice Makers are the best when it comes to versatility. One can easily carry it around and the majority of them produce two sizes of ice cubes. The nugget ice maker, which is either freestanding or under-counter, does not allow for any flexibility.
They only make one type of ice. Other large ice-makers that are not designed for nuggets can make a variety of different sizes and types of ice cubes. Scotsman Brilliance, Ice-O-Matic is specialized in nugget ice. You will need a separate ice machine if you wish to make other types of ice cubes.
Second, they are not portable. It is difficult to move an ice maker once it has been installed in your kitchen. Many standalone and under-counter ice makers are well over 100 pounds. They are very versatile and can be used in many settings, including at home, restaurants, bars, offices, and cafes. These portable nugget icemakers are too small for such versatility.
6. What is the Difference Between Ice Production Capacity and Ice Storage Capacity?
An ice maker’s ice production capacity is the amount of ice it can make in 24 hours. Some ice-making machines can produce as much as 50 lbs. Some machines produce more ice in 24 hours than others. The maximum amount of ice an ice-making machine can store at one time is called the ice storage capacity.
The Nugget Ice Cubes are very handy and simple to use. Delicious fruit juice cups can be made for your family. If you own a business, the best nugget ice maker can help you reduce the cost of raw materials while making your customers feel more confident about the quality and safety of their drinks.
There are many ice makers on the market today with different prices and designs. You need to take into account many factors, such as machine capacity, price, and machine making time. A machine that costs a lot may not be the right one for you. The best nugget maker is one that meets your needs.
To help you choose the best nugget ice maker, we have compared and analyzed all the available options. To compile the best nugget ice machine lists, we compared and evaluated them on their price, storage capacity, and production rate.