It can be a tedious task to chop onions. They can be pungent and strong, and almost always bring about tears. However, chopping onions does not always need to be a tedious task. There are many devices that can assist with onion chopping. These devices not only protect you from the tears but also simplify the process and make it much easier.
An onion chopper, a smart gadget that cuts onions without any discomfort, is super-smart. An onion chopper is a great investment if you’re still using the traditional way of cutting onions.
An onion chopper can eliminate discomfort from cutting onions. It will also prevent your hands and fingers from accumulating the onion smell and sticky residue that could be transferred to other foods. You can also use it to speed up food preparation. An onion chopper may use a different method depending on its manufacturer to chop onions.
We tried out all the available onion choppers to try and find the right one. We have compiled a list of the best onion choppers. They are both time-saving and useful for another food chopping. And we must admit that they are quite fun to use.
- What Is Onion Chopper?
- List Of 24 Best Onion Chopper Reviews
- 1. Cuisinart CTG-00-SCHP Stainless Steel Chopper
- 2. The Original Vidalia Chop Wizard
- 3. Fullstar Vegetable Chopper Dicer Mandoline Slicer
- 4. Hamilton Beach Food Processor & Vegetable Chopper
- 5. Ninja Food Chopper Express Chop with 200-Watt
- 6. Nutrichopper with Fresh-keeping container
- 7. Hamilton Beach Mini 3-Cup Food Processor
- 8. OXO Good Grips Vegetable and Onion Chopper
- 9. Brieftons QuickPull Food Chopper
- 10. Brieftons Manual Food Chopper
- 11. Kitchen Selectives MC-6BL Kitchen Selectives Mini Chopper
- 12. PL8 Professional 3 Cup Vegetable Chopper
- 13. Oster Top Chop 4-Cup Chopper
- 14. Prepworks by Progressive Onion Chopper
- 15. LISA ENJOYMENT Vegetable Chopper
- 16. Philips Kitchen Appliances MultiChopper
- 17. LINKChef Mini Food Processor Onion Vegetable
- 18. Kuhn Rikon Pull Chop Chopper/Manual
- 19. BLACK+DECKER EHC3002B Glass Bowl Chopper
- 20. OXO Good Grips Chopper
- 21.Geedel Manual Hand Food Chopper Dicer
- 22. iFedio Garlic Chopper Mini Electric Onion Chopper
- 23. Alligator Vegetable Chopper Stainless Steel
- 24. Hamilton Beach Compact 8-Cup Food Processor
- Buying Guide for the Best Onion Chopper
- Frequently Asked Questions
What Is Onion Chopper?
An onion chopper can be used to cut or chop onions. It is versatile and multi-purpose in modern kitchens. It simplifies many cooking tasks, saves time, prevents bad cuts, and protects your eyes from irritation. You can quickly chop and slice the ingredients without having to use a knife or cutting board.
Many models of onion choppers are small and can be stored in the cabinet. There are many onion choppers on the market today. This article will provide you with the top 24 best and a short buying guide.
List Of 24 Best Onion Chopper Reviews
1. Cuisinart CTG-00-SCHP Stainless Steel Chopper
- Another popular style is next on our list. This one is a smaller version with a small cutting compartment. However, people love the pump handle that allows you to cut in place. It’s a very simple machine, and you can easily find a spot in your kitchen cabinets to store it.
- This chopper is made of stainless steel and looks great. It measures approximately 8 inches in height and almost 4 inches in diameter, giving you a good-sized chopping area. The blade is also made of stainless steel. It is durable and can chop onions, as well as touch up items such as hard cheese and garlic cloves.
- Chop quickly and easily. The handle can be used as a pushdown handle and doesn’t require lifting. Both the blade and container pieces are safe for dishwasher use. The dishwasher should not be used to wash the housing over the blade as this could lead to rust.
2. The Original Vidalia Chop Wizard
- Are you a fan of onions but not a fan of the vapors that can cause your eyes to sting and burn? The Original Vidalia Chop Wizard is a great investment. This two-in-1 kitchen tool is ideal for chopping vegetables, fruits, and cheese. It’s also extremely easy to use. You can easily cut through fruits and vegetables with just one hand.
- The Original Vidalia Chop Wizard is simple in design. They are made from strong stainless steel so that they can withstand rust and corrosion. You can choose from two sizes of blades to best suit your needs. You can also use the plastic container as a measuring cup, with marks starting at 1/2 cup and ending at two cups.
- The chop wizard includes a lid-cleaning tool and can be placed in the dishwasher. This kitchen gadget is lightweight and compact, making it ideal for backpackers and food preparation while on the move.
3. Fullstar Vegetable Chopper Dicer Mandoline Slicer
- The Fullstar Vegetable Crusher is perfect for cooking large quantities of onions or other vegetables. It has a large, 1.2-quart catch container. The base is rubberized and non-skid, so it can prevent any mishaps or messes in your kitchen. The spiralizer is a great feature because it creates fun designs that kids will love.
- This means that they will eat more vegetables without being asked! The safety lock on the cutting blades of the chopper is a great benefit for kids. Fullstar also provides a safety glove because the blades are so sharp! Sharp blades mean that this device saves time. You can chop vegetables in half the time it takes to do by hand. You can also cube meats and cheeses. This chopper can do it all.
4. Hamilton Beach Food Processor & Vegetable Chopper
- Hamilton Beach 8 Cup Food Processor has a great stainless steel s-blade that makes pureeing and chopping fun. It’s no wonder it’s on this list.
- The machine also features a reversible disc that can be used for cutting and shredding, a large feed chute, and 2 speeds. It also offers pulse offer power.
- Its greatest asset is its ability to be compactly stored. For easy and compact storage, flip the lid over and place it inside the bowl.
5. Ninja Food Chopper Express Chop with 200-Watt
- Ninja Food offers a professional-quality electric onion chopper at home. For your cooking needs, you will not have to struggle with multiple onions being cut by hand.
- The 200-watt motor in the handheld unit is enough to do all the work. It can be plugged into an electrical outlet, activated, and spins a blade assembly, which cuts minces and grinds onions in seconds.
- The Ninja Food Chopper Express Chop’s ergonomic design makes it easy to use. It can be set up and used to chop onions with just one hand. This is a huge advantage over ordinary kitchen knives.
- Like the Mueller Austria chopper and Ninja Food Chopper Express, it has a large (16-ounce) storage container. This makes it the ideal accessory for road trips.
6. Nutrichopper with Fresh-keeping container
- Another great option for a manual onion chopper is the next product. This chopper gives you complete control over the way you cut your onions.
- There are three blades included with the chopper that can provide four different cuts. There are three blades that come with the chopper: a thin slicer and thick slicer as well as a blade to make wedges. Combining both the slicing and cutting blades can be used to cube onions.
- You can be sure that the blades made from stainless steel will cut through your vegetables easily. This chopper comes with a cutting tray that doubles as a container. The lid can be secured to preserve the freshness and freshness of your chopped onions. This lid is perfect for food prep enthusiasts.
7. Hamilton Beach Mini 3-Cup Food Processor
- Although it looks like it can’t withstand the pressure, the black base and plastic material make it our favorite electric onion chopper. It’s fast, powerful, and versatile for people with limited time.
- Compactness makes it easy to assemble and start chopping. It can even blend and puree, so if you don’t like its size, it is possible to make something. The 350-watt motor works as a small jet engine and will have the ingredients ready in seconds.
- Its perfect stack and push option makes it easy to quickly chop, cook, or store your food. No matter how much you know about cooking, or how experienced your mom is. The food processor, also known as the chopper or food processor, can greatly assist you in your everyday meals. It is possible to forgo the use of a knife, and not have sore wrists.
- This happens when someone spends too much time using a knife to cut ingredients. What makes this unit so reliable? It is extremely easy to use, thanks to its razor-sharp dual knives and simple operation. The dishwasher-safe bowl and lid as well as the blades are dishwasher safe, so you don’t have to wash them manually.
8. OXO Good Grips Vegetable and Onion Chopper
- OXO Good Grips Vegetable & Onion Choppers with Easy-Pour Opening outperformed all other electric chopper options. Many people prefer to use electric processors. This eventually leads to a lot more problems. You will need to move the plug around from one place to the next every time.
- The majority of people still want the best automatic onion chopper for their kitchen. If you are looking for an alternative, dealers can sell this product. The appliance is simple to use and easy to clean once the work is done. Simply place the onion slice in the chopper, then cut it into two pieces. Finally, press gently on the top.
- The other end of the chopper has an opening that allows you to collect the sliced foods and use them in your dish. The majority of shoppers don’t have any cover for the blade grids. This can cause a lot of mess when chopping onions and other vegetables.
- OXO Good Grips Vegetable & Onion Chopper With Easy-Pour Open features a rubber gasket that fits perfectly on the blade grid. It also prevents pieces from sticking to the top. You can easily remove any food stuck to the grid and clean it out.
9. Brieftons QuickPull Food Chopper
- This Brieftons QuickPull food cutter is small in size but has a large 4 cup capacity. It cuts onions easily with just a few pulls of a string. The stainless steel blades spin and chop in a similar way to a blender or food processor with each pull.
- The bowl and blades can be washed in the dishwasher when you are done. This onion and vegetable chopper is lightweight and portable. It doesn’t need electricity or much storage space.
10. Brieftons Manual Food Chopper
- It is easy to forget how to cut vegetables when you’re busy. The Brieftons Multi-Vegetable Chopstick makes it simple to cut and dice any vegetable. This allows you to chop, slice and even dice fruits, vegetables, and cheese.
- Simply place an onion or other vegetable in the middle of the slicer and push the top down. Any vegetable can be easily and quickly chopped by the heavy-duty blades at its bottom. This chopper includes 2 sets of blades made from stainless steel. You can store chopped vegetables in the bottom storage space.
11. Kitchen Selectives MC-6BL Kitchen Selectives Mini Chopper
- Kitchen Selective Mini Chopper makes it easy to prepare meals. Three of the most time-consuming ways to prepare food are slicing, dicing, and mincing.
- With the mini black vegetable cutter, you can produce all kinds of dishes, from pasta to sliced salads, in a fraction of the time. The portable device is small in size and has a transparent plastic container and protective lid.
- The stainless steel blade can be used to cut carrots, onions, and other fruits. You can use the tool continuously with a single touch and one button. This black nutrition chopper is secure thanks to its anti-slip legs that prevent it from slipping.
- The cap and container are secured for professional cleaning of top dishwashers. They also include dots to help with the ideal position. It comes with a 1-year extended warranty that provides additional protection and peace of mind. It appears to be full-sized at 2 cups.
12. PL8 Professional 3 Cup Vegetable Chopper
- If you are looking for a small kitchen appliance that is easy to use and clean, the Professional Chopper 1600 by company PL8(r), will provide you with a simple solution to cutting onions into large chunks.
- The Professional Chopper can be washed in the dishwasher. The legs fold inwardly for storage. The base container can hold 3 cups of chopped food.
- This Professional Chopper is great for outdoor camping and the kitchen. This Professional Chopper is perfect for cutting onions perfectly and making them easy to clean.
13. Oster Top Chop 4-Cup Chopper
- This Oster onion cutter is the perfect choice if you are still searching for the best onion chopper. This unique design grabs your attention immediately. Its powerful motor and sharp blades will chop fine onions.
14. Prepworks by Progressive Onion Chopper
- The Prepworks by Progressive Onion Chopper chops perfect onions, tomatoes, and bell peppers. To quickly dice onions, simply close the lid and press the onions onto the stainless-steel slicing grid. The package includes a 2-cup container as well as a cleaning brush. Non-skid feet keep the chopper safe and secure when in use. It can be taken apart for cleaning and is dishwasher-safe.
- Our mission has been to develop innovative kitchen tools and gadgets for over 40 years. Our commitment to quality products and superior customer service drives our creativity today, from our thin store, collapsible, to our sophisticated line PL8.
- Progressive International is constantly striving to understand today’s chefs. Our team is made up of talented, enthusiastic, and passionate people who are committed to reinventing the kitchen. Our thoughtfully designed tools are infused with our desire to do more than usual. We want to share our passion with our customers.
- Our philosophy is simple. We offer elegant designs with no-nonsense functionality. The kitchen is where family and friends come together. We are committed to providing exceptional kitchen products that will help all levels of cooks create delicious meals.
15. LISA ENJOYMENT Vegetable Chopper
- The Lisa Enjoyment chopper comes in two sizes of the chopper to suit your cutting needs. This chopper is easy to use and can be used to make a simple meal. LISA is made from a rust-proof, durable stainless steel material that can be used for a long time.
- The stamped blade manufacturing technology ensures the blade’s sharpness to a great extent. The 1.2-liter collection tray makes it easy to process onions and other vegetables directly without having to mess up the knife or cutting board.
16. Philips Kitchen Appliances MultiChopper
- We are pleased to present the Philips Multi Chopper, which is the first product on this list. The new Chop-Drop technology in this chopper allows you to chop everything like a pro.
- It also includes a basket that allows you to place ingredients and chopping with the 3 blades. You can use it to chop onions, as well as any other vegetables and cheese nuts. It can also chop other stronger ingredients like meat, nuts, and herbs.
- This chopper can be used to chop meat, which is great for making tacos and meatballs. This kitchen tool is easy to use. All you need to do is press down with your finger on the top.
- This electric food chopper gives you a lot of versatility and choices. The bowl is made of stainless steel and has an attachment and a blade that attaches to its top. There is also a button that allows you to chop the top. It is simple and functional, but it does not have the capacity to process large quantities of food.
- It is made of stainless steel and black. It can hold 500ml. You can chop onions and other items with the 4 bi-level blades. It is strong. It will not wear down easily.
- Although it is an electric device, the unit is known for its quiet operation. The button can be used to control the machine and even pulse it if necessary. The electric food processor can chop onions and other hard foods with ease.
18. Kuhn Rikon Pull Chop Chopper/Manual
- Since 1926, the Swiss company KUHN RIKON is creating new food preparation products. This sturdy and solid Pull Chop Chopper reflects its dedication to producing high-quality products. This clever chopping device can be used to chop food into fine, medium, or coarse textures.
- The Swiss Pull Chop can be placed on the countertop. The non-slip base will keep it in place. The super-sharp blades will quickly cut through your ingredients if you pull the cord out several times. Because the Swiss Pull Chop has two independent moving blades, it is extremely efficient and quick to use.
- The strong plastic container can be used for more than just storing your chopped ingredients. The container can hold up to 2 cups. You can fit small and large pieces of fruit or vegetables inside. Blade protectors are included with stainless steel blades.
- These can be removed if necessary. You can put all of the plastic parts in the dishwasher. KUHN RIKON offers a 2-year warranty on all its products. If the product is returned within this warranty period, they will replace any defective or malfunctioning parts at no cost.
19. BLACK+DECKER EHC3002B Glass Bowl Chopper
- Black + Decker elevates their chopper to a new level. This chopper has pulse buttons that allow you to achieve the consistency you desire, making it easy to make salsa. It makes homemade salsa and pico de gallo in minutes.
- This is great for last-minute guests or quick meals. The best thing about the catching bowls is the ability to unattach them and have lids that allow you to store your food in the fridge. This saves time and helps keep things fresh. The blade can be removed quickly and easily.
20. OXO Good Grips Chopper
- OXO Good Grips’ best mandolin slicers are both efficient and durable. People who prepare fresh meals for many reasons will find the OXO1057959 cutters useful. The rotating wave-shaped blades can be used to cut vegetables, nuts, and carrots.
- These blades are made of durable stainless steel. They can be removed from the cartridge to allow for easy cleaning. It is a great brand to choose if you want a low-maintenance onion chopper with an outstanding reputation.
- A majority of people can easily set up an OXO1057959 Good Grips Chopper at their homes. Open the receptacle, add onions or other ingredients. Then, use the top of the container to chop your ingredients to your liking. This process is quick regardless of your skill level.
- An OXO1057959 onion cutter can be used around children, unlike knives. The blades are sharp but can be removed, cleaned, and stored out of reach of children. Its non-slip top means that you can safely use it with your wet hands.
21.Geedel Manual Hand Food Chopper Dicer
- This Geedel Food Chopper is the next-best onion chopper. Another manual chopper comes with a 430-grade stainless blade. This blade speeds up your chopping process significantly, so you can cut, mince, and dice much faster than an ordinary knife.
- This product could be for you if you are a clumsy person. The vegetable chopper can be started by pushing the top button. In just 15 seconds, your fruit or vegetable will be perfectly cut.
- This onion chopper’s design is simple but effective. You can clean it by simply running the knife under warm water. The top of the food chopper can be washed. It is easy to clean once you’ve used it.
22. iFedio Garlic Chopper Mini Electric Onion Chopper
- Do you like to chop and freeze your onions for later use? You might find the iFEDiO mini onions chopper to be your savior over time. You can also charge it via USB, which can last for up to a month depending on how frequently you use it.
- It is ideal for any type of mining, cutting, or grinding. The 250ml food-grade, PC jar will provide quick results in just seconds. You might need to chop large vegetables into smaller pieces to fit in the jar.
- You won’t have to shave and chop so carefully! This product is a huge help for parents. It’s simple: babies love throwing tantrums about solid food. A mini chopper is a great way to emulsify fruits and vegetables to give them healthy food.
- The quality of the design is excellent. It can be washed in soap and water. To avoid skin contact, make sure to remove the blade. It is also convenient and easy to prepare light foods.
23. Alligator Vegetable Chopper Stainless Steel
- Sweden is home to the best onion choppers. These appliances are made from durable and high-quality materials by all manufacturers. Alligator Chopper Stainless Steel Construction with Sharpest Steel Blades – Professional Grade Chopper is something that every kitchen should have. These onion choppers are great for any type of cooking, from home to restaurant. These choppers are the perfect combination of style and quality. This equipment is a must-have for top chefs.
- This appliance’s main purpose is to cut down the time it takes to chop onions. Multiple choppers are available that can be used to cut or chop down an onion slice. You won’t lose your food, as this is what usually happens with a single knife. Simply place the food under the sharp knife grid and gently press it down to cut. It is easy to clean. You just need to move the knife grid up and get rid of any extra bits that got stuck in your chopper.
24. Hamilton Beach Compact 8-Cup Food Processor
- This countertop onion chopper is small but powerful. The Hamilton Beach 8 Cup Food Processor is ideal for families and those preparing meals for two.
- You can make many products, such as onion rings and sliced nuts, as well as potato salad, seasonings, and bacon bits, using an interchangeable disc or a cutting knife. The slicing knife can be used to cut, thinly slice or blend the ingredients into a uniform texture. Use a reusable cutting disk to cut, julienne, or shred the ingredients.
- Simple markings on the food dispenser allow liquids to be pumped directly through it. The machine is easy to use. Simply spin the knob at the top of your foundation and you will get consistent results.
Buying Guide for the Best Onion Chopper
What’s the point of a perfect onion chopper buying guide? Because there are many options on the market and so many styles. Before you make a purchase, you should be certain of what product you are purchasing. This guide will help you choose the best onion chopper.
Design and Materials
You should look for something that you find both attractive and practical. Look at the shape and structure of your knives and make sure you have pull handles or grip patterns for when you need to chopping onions.
This will ensure that precision work is done with minimal effort. You should look for high-quality materials, particularly hard plastic bodies and steel blades. These should be extremely sharp and long-lasting. The power should also guarantee high efficiency during use. BPA-free plastic bodies are preferred for safety and ease of cleaning.
The blades must be strong and resistant to rust and corrosion. They should also not become damaged by acidic elements in vegetables and daily use. For long-lasting sharpness, the blades should be made from high-quality stainless metal.
Manual or Electric
You’ll discover two types of onion choppers in your search. Which one is right for you? For traveling in a campervan, a manual device is ideal. It’s safer and can be easily backed up without any safety hazards.
Manual choppers may not be the best option for those with weak hands as you will have to do all of the work. Some manual choppers come with pull-cords, which makes them easier to use.
An electric model, on the other hand, is simple to use because the device does all the work. This is a great solution for hosting family dinners as the results are more consistent.
The electric choppers are compact and easy to use. You can keep them on your countertop for future use. For their safety, avoid contact with children under the age of 3.
It’s important to consider how you will wash and maintain your device in order to keep it clean for the next time. It’s easier to wash the chopper in the dishwasher than to separate the parts and clean it yourself. You’ll get cleaner results, which will improve the unit’s hygiene.
A dishwasher-safe chopper offers convenience and efficiency, as you don’t need to take out the steel blades to wash each part by hand. This could lead to injuries.
What size onion chopper do you require? This is an important consideration as you want it to be able to hold all your ingredients without you having to do the whole thing again. An average onion chopper holds 1-4 cups. However, the larger units can take up more space and produce louder sounds when turned on.
Be aware of how you cook. Are you more likely to cook in the morning or prepare meals ahead of time? The capacity you require will depend on your answers.
Sometimes devices can break accidentally. To ensure that you are confident when using your chopper in the home, we recommend reviewing the manufacturer’s warranty. You can return any part that is damaged or lost for a full refund.
Also, we recommend checking the accessibility of parts for your device. Are they available online or can you order them from the manufacturer? Check out customer reviews to see what past customers think about the warranty.
One of the most useful kitchen tools is the onion choppers. It is used at least twice per day to chop fine onions and other vegetables. It must be able to withstand constant motion. The best onion choppers can withstand daily use and last for many years.
Every function will work as smoothly and smoothly as new. It is possible for the blade to lose its sharpness, which is normal and not a problem. You can simply sharpen or replace the blades with newer ones.
It’s possible to find an onion chopper with its own storage. If you ask me, it doesn’t get any better than this. It isn’t mandatory, but it does help. It makes life easier in the kitchen. You won’t need a chopping board anymore. As if that weren’t enough, you can now chop your vegetables and put them in the container. This tool is more efficient and leaves less mess.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What’s the difference between an onion chopper and a food processor?
Both of these appliances can chop onions very well. However, an onion chopper can only hold between 1 and 4 cups. A food processor, on the other hand, can hold 12 cups of onions and other ingredients depending on the machine model. A chopper can only cut, dice, or mince the food. However, a food processor can grate and shred the dough.
2. How to use an onion chopper?
This product is very easy to use, provided you have a simple tool. Start by cutting off the shoot and root nodes of the onion using a knife. Next, remove the outer layer and rinse it under running water. Next, cut the onion in two and place it in the chopper to chop consistently.
To ensure precision and minimal effort, pull handles or grip patterns are recommended. This prevents you from accidentally losing your grip on the chopper. For your safety and ease of cleaning, make sure you choose high-quality materials. Look for stainless steel blades resistant to corrosion and/or rust.
You can choose the onion chopper that suits your needs and tastes from the list. Most of these choppers can be used to cut, slice, and chow.
These are the top features and highlights of the 24 best onion choppers on the market. We hope that you are able to identify at least one or two models from the list after going through the entire product range. If you’re looking for the perfect chopper, make sure to look at the following three important aspects: the material, its capacity, and its practicality.