You can’t have fresh drinks without pellet ice. And you won’t get pellet ice if your needs are not met by the best pellet ice maker. We are constantly innovating with homemade cocktails, desserts, and drinks. Modern technology makes it possible to create amazing things from the comfort of your kitchen. This includes pellet ice (or sonic cubes).
We have already discussed the nugget, pellet ice, and its soft, unique shape. It is also known as Pellet ice due to its similar size and appearance. It is a great addition to smoothies, blended cocktails, and salad bars. Below is the best pellet ice maker you should buy.
- What’s Pellet Ice?
- List Of 8 Best Pellet Ice Maker Reviews
- 1. Euhomy Ice Maker Machine Countertop
- 2. GE Profile Opal | Countertop Nugget Ice Maker
- 3. KBice Self Dispensing Countertop Nugget Ice Maker
- 4. LITBOOS Portable Ice Makers Countertop
- 5. Kealive Ice Maker Machine Countertop
- 6. NewAir Nugget Ice Maker
- 7. FRIGIDAIRE EFIC235-AMZ Countertop Crunchy Chewable Nugget Ice Maker
- 8. ULIT Ice Maker Countertop
- Buying Guide for the Best Pellet Ice Maker
- Frequently Asked Questions
What’s Pellet Ice?
Pellet ice can also be called nugget, sonic, pebble, and cubelet. It is soft and chewable and adds great flavor to cocktails and other soft drinks. Pebble ice is a popular choice despite its many names. It’s found in restaurants, bars, and hospitals as well as schools.
You may find it difficult to choose the right pellet ice maker for your home or business. It is important to be familiar with how the machine works and what it does for maintenance.
List Of 8 Best Pellet Ice Maker Reviews
1. Euhomy Ice Maker Machine Countertop
- Euhomy’s countertop-based ice-maker machine can make 24 cubes per hour (every 12-18 minutes). This means that you can make 40 pounds of ice every 24 hours. You can also adjust the thickness of the cubes to make perfect drinks.
- Electronic controls allow for easy use. The digital push-button design makes it easy to use. You can delay up to 8 hours with the timer. Ice production on-demand. The indicator lights up when there isn’t enough water in your water tank. This will remind you to add more. The pellet ice maker will also remind you to empty the ice bucket when it is full so that the machine can make more.
- The counter-ice maker machine can hold up to 2.2 liters of water. This reduces the frequency you have to refill it. It can make 120 ice cubes when full. It has a recycling system that collects melted water and filters it for reuse, ensuring no water is wasted. Although it may sound complicated, all you need to do to make delicious ice cubes is to open the cover and pour water into the reservoir.
- The top-rated countertop ice maker prime is equipped with the latest refrigeration technology. Your ice maker will make the best quality cubes possible by using efficient compressors. This appliance is also not noisy or heat-producing. The best pellet ice maker has a quiet and efficient cooling system. This allows you to save energy and keeps your nugget ice machine cooled.
2. GE Profile Opal | Countertop Nugget Ice Maker
- The Opal is a popular nugget-ice machine. The Opal is a modern appliance with a black and metal finish. It is easy to use, with only one button/indicator at the side. This increases the ease and ergonomics. The unit is relatively light at 44 pounds.
- The countertop nugget icemaker can produce one pound of high-quality ice per hour and can even work all day. It is lightweight at over 40 pounds and easy to transport due to its rectangular shape. The pellet ice maker is ideal for camping due to its portability and low electricity consumption.
- This model has a 3-pound ice container, with a transparent lid to provide an aesthetic effect. You can schedule and start this appliance via Bluetooth by connecting it to your smartphone.
3. KBice Self Dispensing Countertop Nugget Ice Maker
- KBIce Nugget Ice Maker was the first self-dispensing ice maker that can be used with nuggets. It is ideal for anyone who needs quick, easy access to ice. With just three buttons, this ice machine is one of the easiest to use.
- There is no simpler pellet ice maker available. It is lightweight and does not require a water connection. The “make nuggets” button is activated by filling the reservoir with distilled waters. Although the ice bin holds only 1 pound of ice, it was not criticized by reviewers. Customers were thrilled to be able to get nuggets of ice on demand, according to their ratings.
- The machine can only be used with distilled water or purified water. This greatly enhances its performance and quality. It is acceptable to use water with a hardness below 100 PPM. In just 30 minutes you can enjoy soft, crunchy ice. It will taste exactly like the ice from your favorite restaurant.
4. LITBOOS Portable Ice Makers Countertop
- 2021 LITBOOS countertop ice maker makes 9 bullet-sized ice cubes in 10 minutes. This is great for parties and can produce up to 26lbs of ice per day. Enjoy fresh ice-cold beverages anytime, anywhere!
- The pellet ice maker is small in size at 9.5x13x14.1in. Its stainless-steel construction gives it a longer lifespan than other models. The compact size allows it to be easily taken anywhere and makes it one of the best options for food, drinks, smoothies, and seafood.
- The countertop nugget maker countertop produces 150W of cooling power, which is more efficient than the compressor system.
- This portable ice maker is ETL certified to ensure that your food safety. Simply set the nugget icemaker upright and add 1.7L water to a tank underneath the ice basket. The indicator will light up when the water level has dropped or the ice basket is full. It’s great for home, bar, or RV.
5. Kealive Ice Maker Machine Countertop
- You can make ice quickly and efficiently with this countertop ice maker. It will produce 24 pcs of square, clear crystal ice cubes in 15 minutes. The machine can hold up to 2.43 pounds of ice at once and can make up to 40 pounds in one day. The ice capacity is sufficient and the cycle time is quick enough to make sure you still have plenty of ice for guests.
- Thicker ice cubes last longer than machines that use frozen pinballs. You will need less ice because the cube melts slowly. The control panel has a timer button that allows you to adjust the thickness of the cube. The longer an ice cube lasts, the thicker it is. You should note that if you have a longer time for ice making, your row of ice cubes will form one block.
- The 150-watt power supply makes the machine quiet and efficient. This energy-efficient pellet ice maker will save you money on electricity if you produce large amounts of ice. To ensure clear ice cubes, you can direct discharge ice cubes that are not being used for a while.
- The electronic LED screen can be used to notify you when ice has been made or if water is needed. The machine stops making ice when the ice basket has reached its maximum capacity. Installation is not required. You just need to fill the water tank, plug it into the power source, and then leave the rest in your machine.
6. NewAir Nugget Ice Maker
- NewAir has seen its fair share in the ice-maker market. This unit is fast, but it does not have the same ice nugget sizes. It has a similar design to other NewAir pellet ice makers: a rectangular-shaped box with a lid. You can see through the lid to track how much you have left. The controls are located on the front.
- It can make a batch of nugget ice in less than 5 minutes. This sonic icemaker can produce 40 pounds of ice per day. This is an excellent volume for a household that uses it regularly.
- You will also be pleased to learn that the icemaker model comes with a self-cleaning feature and that all plastics within the unit are BPA-free.
7. FRIGIDAIRE EFIC235-AMZ Countertop Crunchy Chewable Nugget Ice Maker
- The cost of sonic ice machines is high. Even the more expensive models are still expensive compared to their non-nugget ice predecessors. Once the process is finalized, however, businesses will still be able to market fair prices.
- Frigidaire is the best company for pellet ice makers. Frigidaire’s ice maker, which costs about $500, is one of the most well-known. This ice maker is not only cheaper but can also produce more ice per day.
- This model can produce 44 pounds of nuggets ice per day. Although most people won’t need this much ice, it is useful to have an idea of what it can do in the event of an emergency.
8. ULIT Ice Maker Countertop
- Ice Machine countertop makes crystal-clear, bullet-shaped cubes. 26 lbs. Ice in 24 hours, 9 cubes per cycle in 8 minutes. The perfect size for all drinks is the bullet-shaped ice cubes. With its 1.5-liter water reservoir, this portable pellet ice maker is quick to use.
- The ULIT countertop icemaker machine features a powerful compressor, quiet cooling, and fast cooling. The Large Capacity is based on a small footprint. It can fit comfortably on any countertop and can be stored away when not in use. It occupies less space in your home, office, backyard parties, basement bars, and other outdoor events.
- Classic Design, Clean Control Panel, Three Buttons. To make homemade ice, fill water and plug-on. The indicator will light up when the ice has reached its full capacity or if it needs more water. Easy to use and clean, no plumbing is required. A large transparent window allows you to see the entire ice-making process. Easy to empty, drain plug at the bottom. This Countertop Ice Maker does not require any installation.
Buying Guide for the Best Pellet Ice Maker
We have covered the process of making pellet ice and how to use it. Now we can help you choose the right machine. We have now covered all details necessary to make a decision about whether to purchase a chewable icemaker after we’ve explained the mechanics of these handy appliances.
There are many models, and some hybrid models, that can make different types of ice. It is best to compile a list of important parts and features.
These machines are very simple (at least on the user’s side), so the features you should be aware of are also easy. While these characteristics are not as important as other appliances, they are very important for the best pellet ice maker that depends on physics to function.
You should first find out how fast the machine makes pellet ice. While different models may produce different results, an ice machine that takes too long to make nuggets of ice is not worth the effort.
Because the machine must reach a temperature drop, the time it takes to make the first batch will be slightly longer. The next batch should be made in between 6 and 20 minutes. This may seem like a large gap in the pellet ice maker’s speed, but there are other factors.
If you’re looking for a pellet ice maker that can handle a large party or even a meal with more than 10 people, the ice capacity is a major consideration. This is a common problem with most pebble icemakers, though it may not be the best choice.
You must remember that the machine can’t be stopped once it has made an ice batch. It will need to complete the ice cycle. This is because it can be painful to have extra ice that you don’t need. This is why it’s important to plan ahead and consider the potential capacity before making a decision.
For perspective, an average icemaker can make 20 pounds of tonic water per day or 600+ pounds in 24 hours. The larger the capacity, the more you can get from the icemaker.
If the storage compartment isn’t able to follow, then how much ice a machine can produce is irrelevant. Although it would seem absurd to request a model with the same ice production capacity and storage capacity, it is important to have a machine that has larger ice trays. A larger model can store up to 5 pounds of nuggets ice while smaller models can store up to 1 pound.
Whatever model you choose, make sure that the machine can keep the ice from melting longer. A rule of thumb is that the machine with the most ice it can store will melt slower due to lower temperatures.
Surrounding Temperature And Power Consumption
A lot of people forget to consider the temperature around the pellet ice maker while it is working. Although it may seem insignificant at first glance, you can save a lot of time if this is something you consider before you buy an icemaker. If the ice maker is located next to or near a refrigerator/freezer you might consider getting one with a lower temperature. Pellet ice machines with larger radiance can emit a lot of heat, which can cause problems in the cooling/freezing cycles for other kitchen appliances.
Power consumption is another important characteristic of ice machines that have been overlooked. This is important. It turns out that many people enjoy having fresh ice when they camp or in their RVs. Consider getting a smaller model ice machine if this is the case. The “the larger it is, it will need more juice” rule applies perfectly here. If you have limited electricity, large sonic icemakers can draw a few kilowatts per hour. This is not something you want.
These units can generally be divided into two groups: small machines or big top-rated, under-counter icemakers. The logic suggests that you can choose between a small, portable model that consumes less energy and a larger model that can produce as much ice you need.
Although pellet ice makers can be as light as 10 pounds, they don’t deliver much. These are easier to carry around, and can even be used in an RV.
Big ice machines can be as heavy as 200 pounds. These ice machines can freeze, compress, and deliver more than 100 pounds of nuggets per hour.
Technology is omnipresent in our lives, so there’s no reason to not use the latest technology within your pellet ice machine. These features are essential if you want to make the most of wireless technology and schedule your appliances.
- Bluetooth connectivity – Some modern sonic-ice makers use Bluetooth to connect to their phones. This connection offers several benefits, including delayed start and operation completion notifications as well as “assistance required” alarms. As time passes, this is a feature that improves the quality of life and will be integrated into increasingly more appliances.
- Alarms and timings – These features are not necessarily tied to Bluetooth and can help you plan your ice-making cycles or notify you about the current state of the icemaker at any time. Some models can delay starts while others have alarm notifications that let you know when it is time for cleaning (or which part is most dirty). These models usually include a monitoring screen.
- Ice scoops and other gear – Ice buckets and scoops, as well as ice picks. Manufacturers will often include additional gear to make the model as comfortable as possible. A model with this type of additional gear will likely have a little more longevity, as it is specifically designed for the model.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I make sweetened and/or colored ice nuggets by pouring the mix in before freezing?
This practice, despite sounding logical, should be avoided. Manufacturers have stressed this for a long time. Not only will it make everything sticky fast, but it could also permanently damage the pellet ice maker.
These risks are caused by solid material accumulation on sensitive parts of the machine. Food additives and colors often contain large amounts of sugar. These crystals will form inside the machine as a result. These crystals can form a blockage to the auger and can be aggregated. To be certain, only use water to make the ice nuggets.
2. The outside walls of my nugget ice maker are getting hot. Should I be concerned?
This is usually not a sign of a problem. Some heat can escape to the walls of the exterior due to the freezing tube’s depressurizing process. You should not be alarmed if the pellet ice machine heats up while making ice. If this happens often and the sides remain warm after the machine has finished making ice, it is best to unplug the machine and contact customer service. Most likely, it is an electrical problem. It would be best to have certified techs diagnose the problem. You don’t want to invalidate the warranty by opening the machine yourself.
The popularity of the pellet ice maker is due to its safety, versatility, cost-efficiency, and affordability. We strongly recommend that you read our guide to ensure you are fully informed about the nugget ice makers available.
As you can see the prices for pellet ice machines range from affordable machines to high-end machines. Before you make a purchase, assess your needs for sonic ice and take into account everything we discussed. Everything is important, especially when purchasing such an appliance.
Sonic ice is available at your home. You can now enjoy it at home. We hope that you enjoyed this review. Below are some of our top picks for the best pellet ice makers.