The best silicone spatulas for cooking at home are essential if you have nonstick pans or bake a lot. Although spatulas are made from many materials, silicone is the best choice for cooking. It’s easy to clean and keeps cookware safe. It is heat-resistant and durable. Silicone is not as durable as metal and it won’t cause damage to nonstick surfaces. Unlike bamboo, silicone isn’t porous so it won’t absorb any ingredients.
These new spatulas are made from heat-resistant silicone and can be colored to match any color. They can be used hot or cold because they are made from an inert material.
A silicone spatula is a good choice for baking. It should be strong but flexible, resistant to stains and scratches, and easy to use. This buying guide will show you the best silicone spatulas that bakers can choose from. First, let’s talk about how to choose the best silicone spatulas for baking and cooking.
- List Of 14 Best Silicone Spatula Reviews
- 1. DI ORO Seamless Series Large Silicone Spatula
- 2. U-Taste Silicone Spatula Set
- 3. StarPack Premium Flexible Silicone Turner Spatula
- 4. oannao 9 Piece Silicone Spatula Set
- 5. Wilton Easy Flex Silicone Spatula Set
- 6. RosyMyth Silicone Spatula Set
- 7. oannao 14 Pcs Silicone Cooking Utensils Kitchen
- 8. OXO Good Grips 3-piece Silicone Spatula Set
- 9. Zulay 4pcs Silicone Spatula Set
- 10. iHomeGarden 4 Set Rubber Spatula Set
- 11. Home Hero Silicone Cooking Utensils Kitchen Utensil Set
- 12. Norpro 99 Favorite Spatula
- 13. UpGood Silicone Spatula Set 600°F
- 14. Zulay Premium 5 Piece Silicone Utensils Set
- Buying Guide for the Best Silicone Spatula
List Of 14 Best Silicone Spatula Reviews
1. DI ORO Seamless Series Large Silicone Spatula
- The silicone scraper spatula from Di Oro is perfect for scraping out the batter from a baking pan, making soft dough, frosting cakes, pushing vegetables around a pan, and any other tasks. It can withstand heat up to 600°F and is completely covered in BPA-free silicone.
- This is a huge plus as it doesn’t have any cracks or ridges that could catch food or harbor bacteria. You can use it on nonstick cookware. You can choose between two colors: black or red. It also comes with a lifetime guarantee.
2. U-Taste Silicone Spatula Set
- One of the best things about silicone is its ability to withstand heat safely. This set can withstand 600 degrees Fahrenheit. However, silicone is resistant to heat and won’t melt or impart any food additives at extreme temperatures.
- This array has a vintage teal color and four models. There are two large ones with wide heads that can be used for mixing and stirring, one for scraping and one for spreading jams and icing. They are strong enough to withstand regular use despite their soft exterior.
- StarPack Premium Flexible Silicone Turner Spatula ensures perfectly cooked eggs every time It is made of European LFGB Grade silicone and can withstand extreme heat. You can make eggs exactly the way that you like them.
- StarPack Premium Flexible Silicone Turner Spatula measures 11.8×3.07″ The spatula is made of a nonstick European LFGB-Grade silicone and has a stainless steel core. It can withstand heat up to 600 degrees F and is safety-tested. BPA-free.
- The product is flexible and thin enough to fit under food. This spatula is ideal for flipping eggs, pancakes, and other foods. The spatula won’t become warped due to its high heat resistance. Cookware is protected from damage and scratches by the silicone coating. This product is also BPA-free. Research has shown that BPA, an industrial chemical, has been linked with health-related diseases and problems.
4. oannao 9 Piece Silicone Spatula Set
- This colorful rainbow assortment of spatulas is affordable. The Oannao Nine Piece Silicone Spatula Set includes all the essential shapes and sizes. It is highly durable and can be used for any baking or kitchen task.
- This set includes a large spreader and large spatula. You will also find a medium spoon and a medium basting brush, an egg whisk, as well as an egg separator. The egg separator is the only thing that’s not useful. It is too small for extra-large and large eggs.
- This set includes two sizes of spreaders that are perfect for frosting all kinds of cakes and cupcakes. The large and medium spatulas are effective in ridging the mixture and have a perfect balance of firmness with flexibility for scooping, leveling out, and flipping.
- The whisk and egg separator, as well as all pieces, are heat-resistant to 446 degrees F. They are therefore safe from rusting and melting when used appropriately. The silicone is FDA-approved and has an internal steel core for strength. Smooth handling is made possible by the spoons’ rounded edges.
5. Wilton Easy Flex Silicone Spatula Set
- This set is very affordable and includes 3 spatulas that can be used daily. This spatula set is different from the others because they aren’t molded. The handle is made of plastic and has a silicone head. This means that you should take extra care when washing to ensure food doesn’t get stuck and bacteria and mold don’t grow.
- One feature is unique to the set. You can separate the head from the handle to clean it easily. For those parts that are difficult to reach, you can use a Q tip. It is made from soft silicone so it can be used for scraping, but also for scooping and mixing.
- The handle is made from plastic and is BPA-free. It is also shaped like an hourglass and fits well in the hand. It does have some flaws. The first is the thin/thin transition area, where the silicone head continues to be, which is fragile and susceptible to breaking if you use the spatula to mix the hard dough.
- The temperature is another tricky aspect. This set can reach up to 500°F (260°C). This is only for the silicone head. The plastic is not able to withstand that heat and will crack first before eventually breaking down.
6. RosyMyth Silicone Spatula Set
- This blue silicone spatula set by Zoppi Kitchenware makes it easier to fold, mix, and turn the food. These high-quality pieces are made of food-safe silicone with a steel core to ensure extra strength.
- The flat head slides easily under the food, while the strong nature provides support and prevents slippage or accidental falls. The spoon and spatula have a nonstick, smooth surface that is easy to clean and an oil-repelling coating.
- It has been FDA-approved. The 3D shape allows for easy flipping and serving crepes, pancakes, and burgers. Because of its high quality, ease-of-use, dishwasher safety, heat resistance, durability, and great quality, it is the number one choice.
7. oannao 14 Pcs Silicone Cooking Utensils Kitchen
- The oannao set is somewhere in between elegant and practical. This 15-piece set has all you need to improve your cooking skills. It doesn’t include enough tools to teach you how to identify cooking utensils.
- This is a wonderful addition to any kitchen decor. It features neutral tones, beautiful acacia handles, as well as a storage cup that can be used to store everything. There are many other colors available.
- Remember: The spatulas in the reviews and photos are very firm. Many silicone utensils tend to be more flexible.
8. OXO Good Grips 3-piece Silicone Spatula Set
- The OXO Good Grips silicone spatula set is a great starting set. It includes every spatula that a baker, novice or expert, could need. The scraper spatulas can be used to scrape batter from bowls and frost cakes. You will also find a spoon spatula included in the set that you can use for scooping and stirring ingredients in jars or other difficult-to-reach containers.
- The spatulas can be used with nonstick cookware and are heat-resistant up to 600 F. They can also be washed in the dishwasher. Although the manufacturer does not explicitly state that these products are BPA-free, many Amazon customers have confirmed that they are.
9. Zulay 4pcs Silicone Spatula Set
- It’s difficult to find a better set of cookware than the one Zulay has created. These cookware pieces are safe and free from BPA. Because of their dark color, staining won’t be an issue so you can use them with any dish with tomatoes or juicy berries without worrying about permanent discoloration.
- To save time and cleanup, you can simply put them in the dishwasher after finishing your cooking task. Then hang them from the holes at the ends of each handle.
10. iHomeGarden 4 Set Rubber Spatula Set
- The iHomeGarden Heat Resistant Silicone Spoon Set will ensure that you have the right spatula at all times, and it’s an affordable one. You will always have the right tools, whether you are using them for baking, flipping pancakes, or making perfect eggs every time.
- The Heat Resistant Silicone Spatula Set from iHomeGarden includes two large-sized silicone spatulas measuring 11″ x 2.3″, two smaller-sized silicon spatulas measuring 8.3” x 1.7”, a large-sized spoon-style silicone measuring 11” x 2.5”, and a small-sized, silicone brush measuring 8” x 1.4″.
- The silicone material is strong and hygienic. Silicone is heat-resistant to 500°F. Nonstick spatulas can be washed in the dishwasher. This product is also available in a 4-piece set.
- The solid silicone surface of this product is a great feature. It leaves no crevices for bacteria to collect. The spatula can be used to mix wet and dry ingredients. You can use the spatula to stir very hot mixtures and remove food from the pan. Nonstick cookware is safe to use and the spatulas won’t impart any unpleasant taste to the food they touch.
11. Home Hero Silicone Cooking Utensils Kitchen Utensil Set
- The Home Hero Silicone Cooking Utensils Kit is a beautiful combination of Acacia Wood and high-grade silicone. It can be used for a variety of cooking purposes. With neutral colors, the utensils combine the best silicone and wooden utensils while still looking elegant in any kitchen.
- The dual-part set is made from durable, non-toxic materials and is resistant to fungal growth. The handles are as beautiful hanging up as when they are in use. They also vary in wood patterns because they are made of natural wood.
- This means that the set may include a variety of wood tones. Acacia wood is durable and can be used on high heat for up to 40 years if taken care of. Silicone is heat-resistant to 392°F, which puts it at the lower end in our temperature strength review.
- This set includes a solid and slotted spoon, a soup ladle, soup server, soup ladle as well as a pasta server, solid turner, and slotted turner. The spatula is shaped to fit into tight corners.
- This set is best equipped to make pasta meals, as well as everyday tasks such as pancake-flipping and egg scrambling. Although there are different sizes of spatulas, they look professional when hung together on racks.
12. Norpro 99 Favorite Spatula
- Although it’s not silicone, a strong and flexible nylon (plastic) spatula, I couldn’t resist adding it to the review. It is very useful and the price is reasonable.
- It is a unique shape for a turner spatula. Although it is narrow, it is firm enough to hold a spoon. The edges are soft enough that they won’t cause any damage to my Copper Chef Pan. Because it is narrow, it can be used to lift cookies from baking pans (e.g. springform pan or lasagna pan), and because its edges are thin enough that they slide under easily.
- Although the turner’s heat resistance is listed at 500°F (260°C), the actual temperature limit is lower. They will melt if left in the frying pan for a while longer.
- This turner can also be used as an icing/frosting spatula due to its narrowness and ease of use. It can be used to melt hot chocolate or spread it on cakes.
- It is made of plastic so washing it is easy, even hand washing. I wouldn’t recommend washing it in the dishwasher because it will last longer.
13. UpGood Silicone Spatula Set 600°F
- The UpGood silicone spatula sets come in a formal grey color and are suitable for commercial and domestic use. The set includes 4 pieces: 1 large spatula and 1 spoon spatula. One small spatula and 1 jar spatula. All of these are FDA-approved. BPA-free materials are resistant to high temperatures, and they retain their integrity even after repeated uses.
- It is stain-resistant, warp-free, and dishwasher-safe. The nonstick surface is easy to clean and won’t scratch or damage the surfaces of the pots. It is a great deal because it feels solid, doesn’t rust, corrode, or stain, and is also easy to clean and durable.
- Although this 5-piece set may seem simple at first glance, don’t let that fool you. This set of silicone utensils includes the spoons and spatulas that most people need to prepare dinner and get it on the table quickly.
- The handles are made of beautiful acacia wood and make it a stunning setting. Zulay guarantees its quality. If one of your pieces breaks or is damaged, they will gladly resolve the problem for you.
Buying Guide for the Best Silicone Spatula
You should first pay attention to what the handle is made of. You can choose from plastic, silicone, or wood. You should be careful when using these metal handles to cook hot dishes. You can burn yourself if the metal part of your handle is picked up instead of the plastic. We also believed that a spatula was a spatula and that similar tools had a different name. But, boy, were we wrong.
When shopping for a silicone spatula, there are two dimensions you should consider: the spatula’s length and the width of its silicone head.
A spatula that has a narrow head and is long is best for mixing ingredients in jars. One with a wider head, however, is better for mixing into a bowl. A long and broad spatula is necessary for baking. It should measure approximately 5-6cm in width at the top and 28-30cm in length. The large head makes it easy to mix the ingredients and scrape the batter from the sides. A long handle makes it easy to fold and mix without getting your hands in the bowl.
A silicone spatula that is both narrow and long will be useful if you are a frequent user of jars to stir things. A silicone spatula set is the best way to ensure you have the right size for each situation. A set costs less than one spatula. You can choose from three to six different spatula sizes or shapes, depending on your use.
Some silicone spatulas are coated with silicone and have an inner core of metal or plastic. To make it easier to mix ingredients in a bowl, the core provides rigidity.
For durability and ease of usage, a steel core is best. Although a plastic core is also possible, it won’t last as well as one with a steel core. Some silicone spatulas have only a silicone coating on the handle and the head. The handle’s rest can be made of plastic, metal, or wood.
A spatula with a partial silicone coating is not ideal for deep bowls because the batter will rise to the top of the silicone.
Silicone spatulas are extremely resistant to heat. This is the safest temperature. It can vary from 220 to more than 300 depending on the core material and overall design.
Stain and Scratch Resistant
After a few use, a low-quality silicone spatula can develop stains or scratches. They can crack, trapping food bits, and compromising food safety. It is better to spend a little more on a spatula of high quality that will last for a long time and not have any problems.
Make sure to read the manufacturer’s instructions on how to clean the spatula. Some silicone spatulas can be washed in the dishwasher, while others require hand cleaning.
1. Can silicone be used to cook?
It can be difficult to buy kitchenware. There is a lot to be concerned about with all the talk on the internet about toxic chemicals leaching into food. You can take extra care of your cooking utensils and make sure they are safe.
As long as you use them as intended, silicone cooking utensils can be considered safe. When shopping for any cooking accessory, it is important to be aware of what to look out for. High-quality silicone utensils that are FDA-approved will ensure that no toxins get into your food.
2. Can a silicone spatula melt?
Silicon spatulas are heat resistant up to 230C. Some silicone spatulas can withstand temperatures up to 300C. Your silicone spatula will not melt if it is left in boiling water or in an oven with muffins.
3. Is silicone more effective than plastic when it comes to cooking?
It might be time to upgrade if you have a collection of plastic utensils that are chipped and rotting in your back drawer. For several reasons, silicone is better than plastic when it comes to cooking. Silicone is more resistant to heat than plastic and less likely to leach chemicals like BPA into food. Silicone cooking utensils react less to the chemical composition of the food they are cooking.
4. How do I clean a silicone spatula?
Silicone spatulas are easy to clean. You can either put it in the dishwasher with other utensils, or you can hand-wash it.
5. Is silicone eco-friendly?
Silicone utensils are considered more eco-friendly than plastic counterparts. Silicone lasts for longer so you don’t have to replace them as often. This is both good for the environment, and also for your wallet.
The best silicone spatula can help you make delicious omelets, fluffy scrambled eggs, or perfect sunny-side up. It will also simplify your kitchen life. There are so many great silicone spatulas on the market. Why would you keep using unreliable or cumbersome ones? You shouldn’t keep replacing them because they are damaged, warped, broken, rusted, or stained on the surfaces of your cooking utensils.
They are made of high-quality silicone and can withstand high temperatures. They are also versatile and can be used for a variety of purposes. You will also have peace of mind knowing that they have been backed up by positive reviews and comments.