Teriyaki is the right condiment for a stir-fry dish. The smoky flavor of teriyaki not only improves the coloring of the dish but also makes the stir-fry dish more appetizing. In this article, we covered the topic of teriyaki stir-fry to help you find the right teriyaki sauce for a stir-fry dish along with many delicious stir-fry dish recipes.
- Best Teriyaki Sauce for Stir Fry – Mr. Yoshida Sweet Teriyaki Marinade
- How to Make a Quick Teriyaki Sauce for Stir Fry?
- Teriyaki Sauce vs Stir Fry Sauce – What’s the Difference? Which is Better?
- Some Teriyaki Stir Fry Dish You Might Want to Cook
- Final Words
Best Teriyaki Sauce for Stir Fry – Mr. Yoshida Sweet Teriyaki Marinade
There are different teriyaki sauce brands out in the market and some are not blending well when used for stir-fried meals. However, there is a teriyaki sauce used for stir fry, and my all-time favorite is Mr. Yoshida’s Original Teriyaki Marinade.
The label itself indicated that it is mainly used to marinade ingredients but this teriyaki sauce is so versatile and can be readily used so you do not have to stress out on how to cook delicious meals. Mixing the sauce with your recipe will lessen your work.
The marinade is perfect for stir fry because it blended the flavors so well that it is almost comparable to the classic sweet teriyaki savor. What’s more is that you can use this teriyaki sauce for different ingredients like veggies, fish, chicken, pork, and even beef.
You do not have to buy new teriyaki sauce for every type of ingredient you use because Mr. Yoshida can blend the flavors well whatever type of stir fry meal you wish to achieve.
If you don’t have a teriyaki product in your kitchen, check out how to make a quick teriyaki sauce for stir fry in the next section.
How to Make a Quick Teriyaki Sauce for Stir Fry?
If you want to create your own teriyaki sauce that is perfect for stir fry then simply follow the recipe below:
- ground ginger (½ teaspoon)
- garlic powder (¼ teaspoon)
- cornstarch (2 tablespoons)
- cold water (¼ cup)
- water (1 cup)
- soy sauce (¼ cup)
- brown sugar (5 teaspoons)
- honey (1 tablespoon)
Step 1: Pour the following in a medium-heat pan:
- garlic powder
- brown sugar
- soy sauce
For about one minute, mix them thoroughly.
Step 2: Pour the cold water in a cup and mix the cornstarch until fully dissolved. Then, add the mixture to the pan. Stir constantly for about 7 minutes until you achieved the right consistency.
Teriyaki Sauce vs Stir Fry Sauce – What’s the Difference? Which is Better?
The teriyaki sauce and the stir-fry sauce commonly used are almost the same except that the latter uses broth (either from meat or veggies, depending on one’s preference). Well, since most ingredients are the same, the two sauces almost taste the same.
However, you will clearly taste that teriyaki sauce is way better since it has a different sweetness because of mirin or Japanese sake. Nonetheless, it is up to your own preference which one tastes better.
Some Teriyaki Stir Fry Dish You Might Want to Cook
#1. Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry
- cooking oil (1 tablespoon)
- onion (1 piece, wedged)
- broccoli heads (2 pcs)
- green bell pepper (2 pcs, wedged)
- snow peas (1 cup)
- sesame oil (1 tablespoon)
- bite-size chicken thigh fillets (500g, skinless and boneless)
- soy sauce (1/4 cup)
- brown sugar (1/4 cup)
- rice wine vinegar (2 tablespoons)
- mirin (2 tablespoons)
- garlic (2 cloves garlic, minced)
- cornstarch (1 teaspoon)
- green onion stem (sliced for garnishing)
1. Stir fry the following ingredients:
- snow peas
2. Add the water while reducing the heat of the pan. Once cooked, remove the veggies from the pan and set aside.
3. Spread the salt and pepper evenly over the chicken.
4. Heat the cooking oil over medium heat using the same pan
5. Stir fry the chicken until you achieve the light brown color or until it turned crispy.
6. Combine the following in a bowl:
- soy sauce
- brown sugar
7. Pour the sauce to the chicken and stir occasionally until the sauce thickens.
8. Garnish the dish with green onion.
#2. Teriyaki Beef Stir Fry
- thinly sliced steak (1 1/4 lbs)
- mixed vegetables (3 cups)
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- cooking oil (1 tablespoon)
- sliced green onions (for garnishing)
- sesame seeds (for garnishing)
- Heat the cooking oil in a pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the veggies and season them with salt and pepper.
- Cook for about 5 minutes or until the veggies started to soften.
- Add water and cook until almost all water evaporated.
- Once the veggies are crisp or tender set them aside in a bowl.
- Wipe the pan, put some oil again before placing the steak.
- Season the meat generously using salt and pepper.
- Cook each side for about 3 minutes.
- Once all the beef has been cooked, mix the veggies together.
- Pour the teriyaki sauce over the top and cook for about 2 minutes
- Garnish the dish with sesame seeds or sliced green onions before serving.
#3. Teriyaki Veggie Stir Fry
- 8oz tempeh (1 pack).
- broccoli (2pcs medium-size).
- bell peppers (3 colors: red, yellow, and green).
- ginger (1 teaspoon, minced).
- onions (5 small-size).
- sesame oil (1 1/2 tablespoons).
- Kosher salt.
- Sesame seeds (for garnishing).
- Put the oil over medium-high heat.
- Place the tempeh in a single layer.
- Sprinkle it with kosher salt and wait for about 3 minutes per side until the ingredient turned brownish.
- Remove the tempeh from the pan before you pour the sesame oil.
- Put the broccoli in the pan and again, sprinkle some kosher salt.
- Stir constantly for about a minute before pouring water.
- When the water evaporated, mix the onion, pepper, and ginger while seasoning it with kosher salt.
- Saute until all veggies turned tender for around 5 minutes.
- Mix the tempeh and the teriyaki sauce together with the veggies.
- Blend everything until the sauce coated all ingredients.
- Sprinkle the sesame seeds for garnishing.
The teriyaki sauce for stir fry can bring a different savor to your simple ingredients like veggies and meat. This makes a meal more tasty and meaningful. The plus is that it is so easy to cook so you don’t have to feel stressed about how you will prepare for it. It is your choice whether you will buy the teriyaki sauce brand that would blend well with your stir fry recipe or you will prepare a homemade teriyaki sauce since it is so easy to prepare as well.